986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   S2ki forums (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2829)

SRA2005 06-06-2005 08:48 PM

S2ki forums

Well as I was reading this forum on the s2000 site, a majority of the Honda s2000 people are always admiring their car for how good it is and reliability. Some people get pissy when the car they buy have to be so defensive in many ways since it will ruin their ego. People buy cars for their preferences in their own taste and as I say "to each his own". One owner that had a Boxster S and an S2000 told them that he preferred the Boxster S and sold his S2000. Enough said. Enjoy the trash talk on the Boxster and also enjoy the owner of a 2.7 L boxster challenging people on an autocross lol.

I don't have a boxster but I finally made up my mind that in 2007-8 I'll buy a used 987 Boxster S. Blue with Tan interior. Man my dream is coming sooo fast to me. :)

Boxster Trash Talk from S2000 forums

BTW I work at a Honda dealership here as a mechanic and the s2k's interior is too blah looking and its curve isn't appealing as the boxster

Tool Pants 06-06-2005 09:28 PM

The local boxster group has done drives with the local S2000 and Z3 groups. Usually up and down a mountain. We then stop for a pinic lunch. They are nice people with nice cars. I am not into the bashing thing.

Well....

The Honda does sound like a motorcycle at speed. I did bring sushi for lunch on that drive. :D For the next drive the Honda guys said they would bring bratwurst for lunch.

Brucelee 06-07-2005 05:22 AM

I think the S2000 is a nice effort, especially for the price. Nice lines, nice handling.

The earlier one I drove was not all that comfy and had no low end torque. I understand the later ones may have corrected the torque issue.

Life is too short for bashing! ;)

Perfectlap 06-07-2005 07:03 AM

I didn't have the means, an S2000 was be my first choice. The best bang for the buck in sportscars, no contest. Would also be my 1st choice for a daily driven sports car

JDanger 06-07-2005 08:41 AM

That thread on the S2ki.com forums is almost 3 years old though.

eslai 06-07-2005 08:51 AM

I was just about to say the same thing. I think the online car clubs have matured quite a bit in the past three years and I'd be a little surprised if the same thing were to happen over on that forum nowadays. Education does wonders for people.

I was actually considering the S2000 myself at one point. People should really take price out of the comparison when comparing sports cars. You're not worried so much about "value" as you are about getting what you want, so why try to say that something is overpriced?

*shrug*

Lux 06-07-2005 06:25 PM

S2K is a nice car...for me to poop on!

Yeah, they really corrected the torque issue. Instead of having none, it now has next to none. LOL!

I wouldn't buy that torque-less car for $5.

-

SRA2005 06-07-2005 07:13 PM

i agree. As a daily driver i would like the low end torque. Oh well. I love Honda and have been a honda customer since I was young. Now for me I need a change. Reading from that site it kinda made me laugh that some people don't respect other people's taste. "just because i have a honda I have to LOVE honda" Last night i read that some guy picked up a HOT chick from the gym and it turned out dramatic that yeah s2k's can pick up HOT girls. lol. How funny.

SRA2005 06-07-2005 08:19 PM

heres another one.

986 VS S2000

but they are afraid of the boxster S

Perfectlap 06-07-2005 08:45 PM

I know these three guys.
One guy was former junior racer (who's friends with/raced against a current f1 driver)
another guy is the best driver I know (instructor)
a third guy has a GT3 and is the most well informed techinically speaking guy I know.

well...
the junior racer has teh S2000 and yearns for a BoxsterS,
the instructor who has driven EVERYTHING would marry the s2000 is it were a a woman.
and Mr. GT3 who is also very quick, has owned the BoxsterS and teh S2000 and loves both.

my conclusion: guys who drive sportscars(well) love both.

SRA2005 06-08-2005 07:19 PM

well one thing i somewhat noticed when they say they have a kill is that the probability of the boxsters that they have raced are early model boxsters. Nowadays boxsters are soo common that probably the percentage, hmm around 70% are around those years.

xavier6162 06-09-2005 12:04 PM

You guys surprise me. I would think you’d know better. The S2ki is well known as a very immature site. And yes I hang out there on the “Kill Board” because they are fun to read. If you’ve been there long enough, oh say, a couple of weeks, you’d discover that most of those kill stories are embellishments to out right lies. It’s something you learn to live with. They are still fun to read, though you know the unsubstantiated stories or lacking the full truth.

I can across the site by accident two years ago when a friend that told me I was in one of their kill stories. To my surprise he was right. Unbeknownst to me, I was in a race with an S2000. Great story with lots of details. Funny thing is I remembered the incident and exactly what I was doing at the time I was killed. I was tempted to post back something like, “Next time you want to race me, Username, please let me know first so I could at least disengage the cruise control first”

Yes, I’m sure most of those kills are against unaware opponents, like me. It’s the way they operate there. If anyone tries to dispute the claims the thread gets locked.

So fellows, don’t feel bad about the kill stories there. They also claim kills on Z06, Vipers, STIs, EVOs, Supercharged Mustangs, and all the AMG Mercedes including the SL65 Roadster.

But what would one expect from a forum that has members who can claim they’ve taken their stock cars over165 mph (about 20 mph beyond gearing) and no one calls BS because they risk being labeled a troll, totally ignored or banned.

Brucelee 06-09-2005 01:31 PM

Sounds like they have some growing up to do. Hope they don't actually kill any innocents on the way there!

Jeph 06-09-2005 03:56 PM

"That Guy"

Niiiice.

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986-pontiac.jpg

I dig the S2000! The only reason I didn't end up in one is because I'm too tall (but not as tall as the fellow in the first car of this picture).

I liked how one S2k individual called the Boxster "heavy."

SRA2005 06-09-2005 07:53 PM

i've noticed that too. they never tell us that in any of the races they BS'd about have gone past 150 mph. lol. I smell BS because of the many people that have bandwagoned the party to say "oh yeah I beat a boxster and they are soo slow. " Well fool you probably have beaten an older boxster. Thats why I like about boxsters they look the same throughout the years but what is different are the HP ratings. I can't wait til I own a 987 one day.

xavier6162 06-10-2005 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
I liked how one S2k individual called the Boxster "heavy."

Comparably speaking, to what, another S2000? I think the S2000 is 30 pounds lighter.

But if a Miata or Spyder owner said that, then what can one say. The difference is about the weight of 4 average University linebackers sitting on the hood and trunk.

xavier405 06-10-2005 02:45 PM

So I'm reading this thread about S2000 ( I almost got one!) and I see this other dude named Xavier.

First of all, hey there bro!

Second, as for the S2K... I too was looking at one of those for my car purchase a few months ago. I put in another thread on this board how I used to own a del Sol and I totally love the Honda brand. However, when it comes down to it, for me the Boxster is perfect!

- Xavier405