Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Porsche Cluster Stem

Hi,
Forum Members
I hav'nt been on the site for a long time and thought I would give an update on the cluster stems I produced for the Boxster. It appears the cluster stem will fit most other Porsche models along with the Boxster. The last couple of years I 've sold a number of stems to owners of other models and not one have said the stem didn't work. I should've recorded the different models but I didn't assume I would get requests from owners of other Porsche models for the stems.

My reason for posting today is I've had requests for a replacement piece for the convertable top actuator piviot that breaks. Not sure what it looks like and no I havn't taken the top apart on my Boxster to find out.

I can't find any information on the part so any details you can provide would be GREAT.

Thanks
Brian
brianp@nfld.com

brian2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #2

There is a guy

already producing them in the Netherlands per schoir/maurice. Do a search here for white plastic and you'll see some references to them as they break when other things fail and are designed to be the weak link lest major damage to the window frame occur.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote