986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Plastic window on the rear (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2762)

TECH986ART 05-25-2005 01:10 PM

Plastic window on the rear

Anyone have tips on maintaining these wonderful plastic vinyl on the rear windows of our Boxster? After a harsh winter, the plastic seems blurry and swirled up. Any products out there that could remove these smuge, and protect it from the sun?

thanks~

IceBox 05-25-2005 01:18 PM

Meguires' makes a clear plastic polish/cleaner for minor scratches. Try it, available at Crappy Tire. If that doesn't work, just go out on sunny days, top down. Then you won't see the scrathes. BTW, are you in Oakville or around there? I think I saw your car out there. I remember the wing. Looks good. (I saw your other post!)

KRZTACO 05-25-2005 01:56 PM

I use Meguiar's products as well. My window cleans up nicely.

they make a "cleaner" and a "everyday cleaner"

Sounds Like you should use the "cleaner' solution to get everything clear, then keep it up with the everyday solution.

I love the stuff. I purchased at a auto detailer supply specialy shop in Costa Mesa, CA

Brucelee 05-25-2005 02:42 PM

Plexus is good stuff!

TECH986ART 05-26-2005 05:39 PM

Thanks for the tip guys! Trying it this weekend.

Any tip as well for polishing the old rusty looking exhaust tip?

IceBox: I Live in Richmondhill area, working in Bramton area, where abouts did you see me(similar to my car)?

IceBox 05-28-2005 02:15 PM

Could either have been @ 7 and Yonge or Missisagua...I...CAN"T...remember....brain...foggy ... :dance: need dancing guy to ....help...remember...

99-Boxster-MK 05-28-2005 02:43 PM

I just got some plexus, as per the recomendations here, at crappy tire and it works great.

Makes the window look almost new. I have a few bad scratches and I think a few aplications will get rid of it :)

Mike

jfmillr 05-28-2005 03:16 PM

I have tried Plexor, works great. I ended up using something else a little more though. I got the plastic wondow cleaner and restorer from Zaino. I think it works just as well. So since I order stuff from Zaino every few months I usually pick up a bottle.
If you havent tried it you should.....pick yourself up some Z8 too. You'll love it!

TECH986ART 05-31-2005 06:32 PM

Thanks all for the tip! you guys are most helpful!

bigislandboxster 05-31-2005 07:32 PM

Have to ask...

since we're talking about cleaning the back plastic window.....I have used the Meguiars on mine, it does fine for scratches and yellowing, but how about waterspots? I can't seem to get rid of mine after 2 applications...They have gotten slightly better, but they are still there......Anyone know of a product that will get rid of these? ...Or anyone with the same problem? Hope its not just me :confused:

Lou