986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Winter Blues (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27544)

Rfromet 01-18-2011 10:49 AM

Winter Blues

It's cold and snowy. I peeked under the car cover this morning. Sigh.

Rick

tonycarreon 01-18-2011 11:31 AM

that's why you need a garage. at least you can go sit in it and make the "brrr-rrrrrrr-rrrrrrr-rrrrmmm" noise and pretend you're driving...

jaykay 01-18-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rfromet
It's cold and snowy. I peeked under the car cover this morning. Sigh.

Rick

Dude I feel your pain.....

jmatta 01-18-2011 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hear 'ya...my least favorite time of year in Northern Illinois...you can see the P-cars hiding in the garage under cover.

coolbreeze551 01-18-2011 02:30 PM

I feel your pain jmatta. Where I live if you don't have 4x4 or at least AWD you'll get stuck for sure. I'm sending you "sunny" vibes :cool:

Johnny Danger 01-18-2011 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No matter how bad its snowing where you are, take solace in knowing that I live off of an unmaintained two mile stretch of rural road in the middle of nowhere western Massachusetts . If you can imagine, my home was once part of a hippie commune, wherein the "hugga muggas" brought suit against the town - preventing them from cutting down any trees and paving the road . For that reason, I have to trailer my vehicle to my home for winter storage, and garage it elsewhere during the nice seasons. Take a look at that !!

WhipE350 01-18-2011 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry guys!..Really. I grew up near Lake Placid and if you don't ski it is a long 8 months. It has been crappy here in Charlotte NC too but they say 55 tomorrow and if the roads dry enough after the rain, melting snow and salt I promise to turn the heat up to 75, put on the ski cap, and remove another millimeter of tire rubber for each one of you. After that back into the low 40s...but my Leatherique kit is coming in for my seats and rear Bilsteins too so at least I can stay in close contact.

Our first of two snowfalls this year...ugg:

thstone 01-19-2011 01:12 PM

It's 78F and clear and sunny today here in LA. I've been driving to and from work all week with the top down. This is weather meant for a Boxster!

TriGem2k 01-19-2011 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm right there with you guys except I live in LA and my car still hibernates...

vath2001 01-20-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone
It's 78F and clear and sunny today here in LA. I've been driving to and from work all week with the top down. This is weather meant for a Boxster!

I'll keep my snow. You can keep your mud slides.

AndyA6 01-20-2011 03:46 AM

Yeah! I want to drive like NOW!
Instead car is under cover in garage, I am in Chicago this week, Atlanta next and then Mexico for another week. My Xmas gift is waiting to be installed and I am a bit sad.
Oh well, spring will come! :(

SeanZ4 01-20-2011 06:12 AM

It was 11, yes "eleven" when I went to work this a.m. - There was one night last week that I looked at the weather-bug before going to bed and it was -4! However our weather is so unpredictable it could be 70 this weekend. Not likely, but possible. My Boxster has been on a tender and sitting for 2 weeks now. I'm starting to miss it. Winter sucks.

sean

JAAY 01-20-2011 06:19 AM

My garage is in the back of my house and there is about 3 feet of snow in front of it. I just un did my battery yesterday. I went to start it the other day and it was deAd. I'll recharge It soon. I like the winter but it sux to have a toy I can't play with. I do enjoy watching all the non 4 wheel drive vehicles try to get around in the snow.

teamwenz 01-20-2011 08:34 AM

I feel you pain. Mine has been under cover since the first of November. I am still contemplating why I live in the Frozen Tundra. I have had my Ctek charger plugged in the whole time. Ahh, I can only dream of warmer weather. In the mean time I guess we can only peek under the cover every so often.

nieuwhzn 01-20-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAAY
My garage is in the back of my house and there is about 3 feet of snow in front of it.

Hm, looks like it is still Winter on the North Shore, snow levels on the South Shore are below 1 feet already. Crap, just checked the forecast, more snow tonight. I hope I make it home from evening shift in one piece. I REALLY would like to take my new toy for a spin too, not going to happen for a while, I'm afraid.

WhipE350 01-20-2011 05:24 PM

As I promised...if it got into the 50s for just one day I would remove some rubber from my tires for each of my old friends up north, well yesterday I had 20 minutes before I had to go out of town so I drove like hell for about 10 miles. Here in Charlotte spring will be here very soon.

Oh TriGem2k, that is one nice car you have!

Beelzy 01-20-2011 05:58 PM

It got into the 60's today......Drove with the top down. :D

cas951 01-20-2011 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel your pain. Funny thing is I was just checking the weather forecast for this weekend and look what I see.

Sunny 67 deg for Sat and Sun.

nieuwhzn 01-20-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cas951
I feel your pain. Funny thing is I was just checking the weather forecast for this weekend and look what I see....

You really have to rub it in, don't you?
Picture of what is hitting us here right now, fun....
http://www4.rcf.bnl.gov/~nieuwhzn/NWS_NE.gif

cas951 01-21-2011 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well. Didn't mean it that way. We've been having such nice weather lately I couldn't resist and just had to post our weather report. Last two months have been rain every weekend.

Even managed to have a gathering last weekend.