Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #1

GT3 Mk1 bumper mesh grilles

I am installing a GT3 MK1 bumper on my 02 S. I would like to know where I can find the wire mesh grilles that fit this bumper. Preferably somewhere I can get them quickly before the car leaves the paint shop. They are items 11, 12, and 13 in the attached diagram. thanx

Attached Images

Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #2

If you don't find them, you can make your own from generic JC Whitney mesh. I hand formed them then bonded them from the back. It took hours to get right, being a single man, I had my bumper cover in my formal living room all winter...Then the second year I removed the mesh. I like the open intake look better..

Last edited by eightsandaces; 10-06-2010 at 03:43 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #3

I had given making them myself a thought. I just figured that Porsche probably made them a little better than I could. I find it interesting that you removed them a year later.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox
I had given making them myself a thought. I just figured that Porsche probably made them a little better than I could. I find it interesting that you removed them a year later.

After killing myself to get them perfect, I'd look at the car from a distance and think, man that would look better open and clean, IMO it does. Not to mention air flow is 100% better without mesh, provided one cleans the radiators every couple seasons.

eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote