Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 09:53 AM   #1

I've found my reason to join PCA...

"You are subscribed to the Boxster (986 & 987) area from the PCA.org Technical Q&A
Section. ......"

I'm not a big racer-type ('less you kite near me in the water..) so I can usually finish the magazine (PANORAMA) with breakfast, but the online contributions from a Scott Slauson (don't know his bio) are concise and without dramatics you often get in some open forums. (he could be Tool Pants or related..)

I posted one question about tires and then subscribed to get Box questions as they come in - sent to my email. I don't have to go back to the site at all..

They'd likely be upset if I cobb'd whole postings and hung them here... but the dues are worth the technical bits.

Jim

wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 PM   #2

I do not belong to PCA. Strange I guess, since I have been Boxstering for 6 years. Not being a member back then was not strange since I was only interested in the Boxster. The Boxster was not a real Porsche. So us local owners started to hang out together. After a time we had more local Boxster owners than my PCA region. But I can and still do read the read the tech Q&A.

Peter Smith is the shop foreman at my local dealer. He owns a Boxster, which is really owned by the wife. Peter is on the PCA tech committee. He was in charge of the Boxster section on the PCA site. If you look at the older messages in the Boxster section they are from Peter. I have known Peter for 6 years.

Peter has a very busy personal life. He also races Porsches. A few years ago I ask him to put on tech sessions, like we had last month at my local dealer for the new 987. I also hit on the independant guys who use to work for Porsche but decided to open their own shop.

Peter could not keep up with the Boxster questions, so Scott Slausen took over. Peter then took over the Cayenne and 997 sections.

The PCA site is a great resource. I am no Peter or Scott.

For local owners the next tech session is May 14th at an independent shop. Bob and company.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4742

I have been told that Bob was trained out of the old Porsche apprentice program.

Last edited by Tool Pants; 05-03-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
Crazed P-Car enthusiast

Just for clarity's sake and so I know the Apocolypse is still for-stalled; when you say the 'Boxster was not a real Porsche, I assume you're expressing the opinion of the less-informed segment of the 911 set and other similarily blinkered individuals and not your own, Tool Pants...there IS a Santa Claus...there IS a Santa Claus... :dance: