986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26077)

davemon 09-08-2010 11:25 AM

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Thinking of putting a coat on the ole' Seal Metallic Gray for this weekend. I have read some sentiment it is comparable to Zaino. Anyone have any experience with NXT Tech Wax 2.0?

Also if I go from clay bar to Tech Wax 2.0 is this ok? Or should I do some intermediate step between the two?

Thanks!

P.S. I noticed my first door ding today, wow was I peeved, I just cannot stand door dingers. Hopefully a fresh wax will help me get over it.

blue2000s 09-08-2010 11:45 AM

I don't know about the NXT wax. I do like Meguiar's other products but I LOVE Zaino products.

I was able to eliminate a very moderate ding by gently messaging it from the inside of the door with the back of a tape covered spoon. I'd recommend someone to be careful doing it, as it can easily make it worse, but it can be done.

davemon 09-08-2010 12:16 PM

Zaino is an internet purchase and I'm Last Minute Man, so I'm stuck with what is sold at the local chains for Boxstoberfest.

JAAY 09-08-2010 12:18 PM

NXT may not last long but it looks great and you can put it on in direct sunlight and it comes off with ease. Thats what I use. I know nothing about detailing though. I love nxt though.

kabel 09-08-2010 05:21 PM

NXT Tech Wax is good. Easy on Easy off, good looking for the little effort required.. Like Jaay said it does not last long.

The only step you could do after clay is a complete wipe down with the quick detailer, then apply the NXT wax.

blue2000s 09-08-2010 05:58 PM

As far as an intermediate step, use Meguiars show car glaze or Mother's glaze before waxing. It will really make the paint look wet.

eightsandaces 09-09-2010 02:38 AM

Hand waxing can only go so far, IMO the porter cable polisher has far more impact on the job than the wax used.

kabel 09-09-2010 02:41 PM

I agree glaze would be an appropriate step between clay and wax, and make the finish look even better, but glazing takes alota time and elbow grease.

tnoice 09-09-2010 03:25 PM

I used the NXT tech wax 2.0 with my orbital buffer and it does a pretty good job; HOWEVER, the wax I always go back to is my Zymol carbon wax. I have not found a wax yet that can compete with it.

What I found with NXT is that it did not last very long. I was waxing the car about every other car wash. where zymol lasts almost all summer.

Scbrindley 09-09-2010 03:29 PM

I've used it and like it. It's very easy to work with and provides great results. See you at boxstoberfest tomorrow!

SB

Kirk 09-10-2010 08:54 AM

Okay, maybe this will seem completely stupid, but I use the NXT Tech Wax mostly because I like the smell. :p It is very easy to put on and take off though.

Honestly with modern clear coats so good I don't notice much difference after I clay bar and wax my car. It also doesn't rain much where I live (God bless California), so I never really noticed that this wax doesn't last.

Kirk

blue2000s 09-10-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk
Okay, maybe this will seem completely stupid, but I use the NXT Tech Wax mostly because I like the smell. :p It is very easy to put on and take off though.

Honestly with modern clear coats so good I don't notice much difference after I clay bar and wax my car. It also doesn't rain much where I live (God bless California), so I never really noticed that this wax doesn't last.

Kirk

Glazes don't do as much for lighter colored and silver cars. It's much more noticeable on darker paints.

Frodo 09-10-2010 03:53 PM

Has anybody used this?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rkcleanser.jpg

I have (between claying and waxing) and have been pretty happy with it, but I've never really totally understood the difference between something like this and a glaze. :confused:

coreseller 09-10-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightsandaces
Hand waxing can only go so far, IMO the porter cable polisher has far more impact on the job than the wax used.

What he said.

Frodo 09-10-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat
That removes material
Glaze adds material

That's it, eh? Just like me...turning something simple into something complicated :rolleyes:

Frodo 09-10-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prande99
The Advantages of The game of golf
Hollywood feels similarly about the game of golf. Samuel L. Jackson is a huge fan, yet however he simply started playing with a set of discount golf clubs at the age of eighty. There are also movie stars whom state of their contracts that location sites must supply easy access to major playing golf training systems. And then there are stars such as Johnny Mathis, who invest much more period about the greens than upon their jobs ishiner.

What a small world...I was just thinking this very same thought just the other day ( :eek: )

AndyA6 09-10-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prande99
The Advantages of The game of golf
Hollywood feels similarly about the game of golf. Samuel L. Jackson is a huge fan, yet however he simply started playing with a set of discount golf clubs at the age of eighty. There are also movie stars whom state of their contracts that location sites must supply easy access to major playing golf training systems. And then there are stars such as Johnny Mathis, who invest much more period about the greens than upon their jobs ishiner.

First of all, I HATE THESE SPAMMERS!!!!!!!!

2nd, go to Autopia.org and be amazed!

Later,
Andy

Mark_T 09-11-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyA6
2nd, go to Autopia.org and be amazed!

Well, there's my weekend shot to hell. Thanks a lot, Andy! :D