Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #1

Zeintop...on a 2001 Boxster??

is it possible?? or is it only available for 2004+ models?

DerrickCaracter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #2

Question

I don't believe they are available anymore - they went bust earlier this year.
Unless I've missed out somewhere.......
Old 09-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #3

Apparently they will fit, but Steve's right, they did go belly up. There are probably still find some out there for sale...

My recollection of reading the threads from those that installed them is that there is a LOT of fiddling to do.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #4

Ebay search zeintop on ebay- there is still a guy that sells them and has them in stock- he has them for the 987 and the 986's last time I checked -
porscheboxstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #5

Mine is for sale. It is designed for 986 Boxsters, from 1997 through 2004. In Arctic Silver. PM if interested.

Zeintec is out of business. There is talk of another company making them again, this time in Canada, but who knows when or if that will happen.
Gougoushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheboxstah
Ebay search zeintop on ebay- there is still a guy that sells them and has them in stock- he has them for the 987 and the 986's last time I checked -
If you are referring to Xtreem Motor Cars on eBay, they don't have any tops. They were a Zeintop dist before Zeintop went belly up and have said they are working on a prototype copy of the Zeintop but don't actually have any in production yet. They claim their eBay listing is just to gauge the number of people who will commit to buying a top from them. It sounds like another sorry chapter in the Zeintop story.

And yes there is also the possibility that a company (with some ties to the original Zeintop producers) is bringing production of an updated version of the top to Canada, but I haven't heard any recent info or updates on this in a while.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron in Toronto
If you are referring to Xtreem Motor Cars on eBay, they don't have any tops. They were a Zeintop dist before Zeintop went belly up and have said they are working on a prototype copy of the Zeintop but don't actually have any in production yet. They claim their eBay listing is just to gauge the number of people who will commit to buying a top from them. It sounds like another sorry chapter in the Zeintop story.

And yes there is also the possibility that a company (with some ties to the original Zeintop producers) is bringing production of an updated version of the top to Canada, but I haven't heard any recent info or updates on this in a while.

That is weird because they are listing as 2 in stock on ebay - I havn't heard many bad stories about Zeintop, whats so bad about the company?
porscheboxstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
The company went out of business...but before they did, they took orders/payment on zeintops that they never ended up producing or delivering, so those people/companies who ordered ended up getting shafted.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheboxstah
That is weird because they are listing as 2 in stock on ebay - I havn't heard many bad stories about Zeintop, whats so bad about the company?

Zeintec went out of business after collecting payments in full for tops from both distributors ans customers without delivering the merchandise.

Xtreem Motorcars was a dist for Zeintec (IIRC) and is now working on producing their own version of the top but I don't think it's production yet. If you are interested in one of their tops, give them a call to get the latest info on availability, as I'm only repeating what I've heard.

Aron