Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #1

Question Headrest Honeycomb Inserts

I have heard that the honeycomb inserts which simply clip into the seat headrests are different between my 2003 Boxster (986) and those that followed (987).

Is this true, as it seems unusual that they would change the shape of the headrest without good cause?? I have the driver-side and need to buy the passenger-side.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
JTP

Yes, 986 and 987 mesh windblockers are different. They clip into the roll bar, not the headrests.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterDuke
I have heard that the honeycomb inserts which simply clip into the seat headrests are different between my 2003 Boxster (986) and those that followed (987).

Is this true, as it seems unusual that they would change the shape of the headrest without good cause?? I have the driver-side and need to buy the passenger-side.
You heard right the honeycomb inserts are completely different shape the rollbar on the 986 is not the same as the 987 so the inserts won't fit the other... Have a look at the different shapes on ebay you can see the differents... The wind deflector is different as well...........
Bellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #4

Thanks JTP and BellSter, excellent information. You have probably saved me from wasting a large amount of valuable beer-money on a mesh windblocker that wouldn't have fitted by 2003 model. I'll keep a look out on flea-bay for the 986 version that clips into the headrest.

Last edited by BoxsterDuke; 08-12-2010 at 04:19 AM.
BoxsterDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #5

Just be patient flea-bay will come up with one cheap enough not being smart but just letting you know as long as it from a 986 don't matter if its out of a left or right hand drive so look everywhere hey....

Bellster is offline   Reply With Quote