986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1124 1126 problem Help (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24887)

pficarra1@rochester. 05-23-2010 05:28 AM

1124 1126 problem Help

I have 1124 1126 codes on my 1999 Boxster(94K) and have no luck finding the air leak . I have replaced the MAF and fuel filter. I have looked for vacuum leaks with a unlit propane torch. I hear no hissing sound from the motor. The engine runs smooth at 800 rpm and the independent Porsche shop that installed the new MAF said " this car runs too good to have a vacuum leak". I have pulled off the oil fill cap while it was running with no suction resistance. There is no smoke out the back of the car so I am wondering if the AOS baffles could be leaking and the car could run so good? I guess replacing the AOS would be my next step but I could use some help. I might also mention that I R and R ed the gas tank to replace the front trunk floor that was damaged from the previous owner going off the road. I was very careful when reinstalling the gas tank to get all the lines in place but I am second guessing my self and may drop the gas tank to check it at last resort. If the an air line pulled off the gas tank would that cause the 1124-1126 codes? This car runs like a bear and I love it but I see a no inspection ticket in my future. Please Help.

extanker 05-23-2010 07:04 AM

maybe you can get a shop to do a smoke test for the leak. shouldnt you get a little vac at the oil filler cap ? did this happen right after the gas tank job ? any probs filling up with gas/fumes ? what does the diagnostic tree say to check?check the aos bellows real good. let us know

pficarra1@rochester. 05-23-2010 08:59 AM

There is a little suction at the oil cap but nothing to make it difficult to remove like I have read on this forum for an AOS test. I have no trouble filling the car up or smell of gas at all. As far as before the tank R and R I don't know cause I never drove the car before I fixed it. I took it to a local respected Porsche shop and they replaced the MAF and reset the CEL. It made sense that it was fixed but CEL came back at around 50 miles then I put the car away for the winter. I think The AOS is OK for the above mentioned reasons but I may change it before I take it back for a smoke test or whatever just cause I think that is the first thing they will want to do. I wonder if anyone had an AOS,with 1124 1126 codes, leak and it was fixed by replacing it though it didn't smoke or run bad.

pficarra1@rochester. 05-27-2010 08:20 AM

1124 1126 codes cleared so far and only P0150 is showing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pficarra1@rochester.
There is a little suction at the oil cap but nothing to make it difficult to remove like I have read on this forum for an AOS test. I have no trouble filling the car up or smell of gas at all. As far as before the tank R and R I don't know cause I never drove the car before I fixed it. I took it to a local respected Porsche shop and they replaced the MAF and reset the CEL. It made sense that it was fixed but CEL came back at around 50 miles then I put the car away for the winter. I think The AOS is OK for the above mentioned reasons but I may change it before I take it back for a smoke test or whatever just cause I think that is the first thing they will want to do. I wonder if anyone had an AOS,with 1124 1126 codes, leak and it was fixed by replacing it though it didn't smoke or run bad.

1124 1126 codes cleared so far and only P0150 is showing after about 75 miles. The CEL is not on yet. This is new as I have had 1124 1126 codes only for a year and have done nothing other than poke and prod every vacuum line I could find. I have changed the 02 sensor on the left side, now the right side needs replacing? I did order an AOS but do not have it yet and if the 1124 1126 codes do not come back I won't install it now. Normally after clearing the codes the 1124 1126 codes come back after 30 miles or so and set off the CEL. Any advice would be appreciated.

paulv 05-27-2010 09:09 AM

IIRC, isn't the P1124 code for the fuel pump relay (as in voltage too high/low or open circuit)?

Regards,
paul...

pficarra1@rochester. 05-27-2010 10:24 AM

yes the 1124 1126 codes can be for low output from the fuel pump on both sides or MAF or lean threshold. My 1124 1126 codes are not coming up now only P0150 which is 02 sensor bank 2. Which side is bank 2?

pficarra1@rochester. 05-27-2010 01:23 PM

1124 is back along with P0151 and P0150 is cleared

I just put 30 miles on it and now 1124 is back along with P0151 and P0150 is cleared. P0151 is low voltage to O2 sensor. I am going to replace the AOS and maybe the O2 sensor which I replaced last yuear for the same P0150 code. What a never ending nightmare! :ah:

jcb986 05-27-2010 03:47 PM

My AOS never gave me a problem until it started squealing after the engine warmed up. I had no oil being sucked up and smoke from engine and it ran perfect. When I replaced the AOS, I saw that the boot on the bottom was nearly collapsed. This is why the squealing noise was being made because it was sucking air through the front crankshaft seal. The AOS will come with the boot and seal. You do not need to replace the tubes. :D

pficarra1@rochester. 05-27-2010 04:35 PM

Thanks for your reply about the AOS

JCB thanks for your reply, I will install the AOS as soon as I get it and hope that does it. I am glad to hear that some one else had an AOS problem and NOT the usual symptoms. I have the same wheels as you only my 99 is black on black. I have had 5 Porsche's in my life: 928S, 944T, 88 911, 97 911 cab and this Boxster. Except for long trips, with 928, I like this Boxster the best of all. I used to put Boxster's down when I had 911's but that was before I had one. Now I know they are not only the coolest looking Porsche but they do everything well for a lot less $$$$$$$$! I love mid engine cars and have had 2 Pantera's, 2 308's and a Ferrari Testarossa for the last 7 years. We went cruising top down yesterday, stopped for Ice Cream and an old lady asked ,"what kind of car is that?" I am used to getting questions like that with the Testarossa but a Boxster that I used to put down? I read in consumer reports that a Boxster stops from 60 MPH better than a new Viper, Corvette or a 911! If only I could solve the CEL thing!!! :rolleyes:

pficarra1@rochester. 06-03-2010 10:21 AM

Replaced the AOS and got a p0151

Replaced the AOS and got a p0151 after 20 miles. I have replaced that sensor with a new aftermarket sensor. The MAF and AOS are new. Any suggestions?

pficarra1@rochester. 06-14-2010 04:11 PM

p01124, po1126 codes and check engine light gone

:cheers:
It turned out that it was the fuel pressure valve that was bad. I started with a dealer installed MAF that did not fix it. So from there I tried to fix it my self installing an AOS, mine had rotten bellows, but that did not fix it. Then I replaced the fuel pressure valve which finally did it. These are all easy fixes that a Boxster owner with reasonable skills could do him or her self rather than paying a shop big bucks for labor and marked up parts. All the instructions are available on these forums and they helped me make it a less intimidating job. If this happened again I would install the MAF myself (2 torks after removing the engine cover) which I have seen for under $200.00 and then with the money I saved buy the other parts if necessary.

Thanks Paul for your help and you were right I was going in circles until I got the information from you,
Pete