Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #1

Garage
2000 Boxster S - Sex Change!?!

Came across this and I had to share with you guys. I personally like it, especially the way the exhaust sounds. Too bad its an automatic. I wonder if it still handles like a boxster?

http://www.classicalgasmotors.com/cars/09001/09001.htm#

what do you guys think?

Last edited by 986Porsche986; 05-20-2010 at 11:36 PM.
986Porsche986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I think I'd rather have the 2000 Boxster. Man, that's poser. Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you're driving down the street and a real Lambo pulled up next to you. Lol.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
I think I'd rather have the 2000 Boxster. Man, that's poser. Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you're driving down the street and a real Lambo pulled up next to you. Lol.
My sentiments exactly. This is the opposite of a sleeper. All dressed up, nowhere to go. Give me the 2000 Boxster with a Lambo engine (I know, be a tough squeeze)---then you'd have something!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #4

Garage
That is just sad.

That Boxster dash looks soooo out of place with all that bling going on.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #5

To me it was a put down for the Boxster.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy

Haha. correct! Not only a poser but an expensive poser to build then sell to try to get 30% back, ouch!

On the plus side at least it's not built on a Fiero
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo
Give me the 2000 Boxster with a Lambo engine (I know, be a tough squeeze)---then you'd have something!
Yeah your right, that would be a whole lot better!

I guess it would be like seeing an Elvis impersonator because you couldnt afford the tickets to the real show. (Thats if he was still alive!) :dance:
986Porsche986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #8

The paint job is probably more expensive than the donor car. I looked into that paint on a previous car until I saw the cost was off the chart. But then again that was when everyone was using the half dozen credit cards that came in the mail to modify every car on the block. Those shops were booked solid. Not so much now.
As for the this Boxsterini, the moment I saw the interior a feeling came over like if a hot girl took off her dress only to reveal that she was covered head to toe in Spanx and her top was stuffed with oranges. Talk about false advertising..
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #9

The car is neither a Lambo or Boxster...can't figure out why someone would want to do this to a Boxster....to each his own....I guess...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #10

You know, for a kit car, that's not bad. Looks fairly authentic and the exhaust sounds good too. I wouldn't pay $65k for it though. Shoot... for that money you could have a low mileage, pristine 996TT!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #11

I've never understood the reasoning behind why people do this stuff. Granted, in this case, it's on a Porsche and not Fiero, but still, all show and no go (compared to what it's supposed to have).

I'm cool with people who want ridiculous body kits and/or ridiculous paint, but what's the point in trying to make something into something that it's just not? While that car may pass as a Lambo from 10 feet away, as soon as anyone who knew anything about cars got inside, you'd look pretty damn stupid.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #12

Here's the best part, quoted from the company website who is selling the thing:

"Ask anyone young or old what a Lamborghini is and odds are they will know. Lamborghini's continue to stand as one of the top exotic cars in the world. From the US to Italy everyone know of the speed and luxury that Lambo's exhibit. However, another well known fact is their price tag. For about $430,000 you yourself could buy a REAL 2009 Lamborghini Murcielago. For another $25,000 a year you could even afford to maintain it! A little out of your price range? Well fear not because even though this Lambo sounds, looks and drives like one from the factory, it isn't."

Ya, I bet it does