Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #1

Do me a quick favor? (PHOTO REQUEST)

So I got my car back from the shop handling some hard top and convertible top issues. They forgot one of the side plastic bits and to reconnect the defrost. No biggies there. So anyway, yesterday is the first day I put the top up and I look back and I see the zippered storage case. When the top is up, isn't there supposed to be some sort of cover or carpeted "shelf" over it? I might be imagining things.

Can anyone take a photo of the space behind the rollbars with the vert top up (closed)? Through the rear window, looking down, for example.

It would be greatly appreciated. You can appreciate that a search has proved futile!

TIA,

Mike

Last edited by Benzito; 05-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Benzito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #2

Here you go...

Hope it helps....

Old 05-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #3

Mike, what the picture above shows is the hard speaker box that has carpet on it. The other option is a zippered vinyl bag that's similar in size and shape. Nothing goes over either one.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #4

Okay, thanks. I didn't know if there was a carpet piece that goes over the zipper bag. I guess I never bothered to look before the car had to come apart.

Isn't really a key space when the top is down and when it's up, it is useless space anyway.

Thanks again!

Benzito is offline   Reply With Quote