986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best place for Boxster car insurance - UK (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24737)

emohawk11 05-09-2010 12:45 PM

Best place for Boxster car insurance - UK

So I have a Boxster.

I am looking for not necessarily the cheapest, but overall the best place to use to insure my Boxster.

some information about me

27 yrs old
7 years no claims
no accidents, criminal convictions or points on license (touch wood)

any recommendations? best place I have found so far is maybe Admiral.

J60SON 05-10-2010 04:01 AM

Try Autotrader website?

chris7676 05-10-2010 08:27 AM

Out of intersest, what figure did you get from Admiral? I assume you have the standard car?

amnesia 05-12-2010 12:02 AM

insurance

i am an ex insurance underwriter/salesperson for one of the biggest firms in uk if i can help you with angles and how to manipulate the system let me know to give yo an idea of what i can do i have just come off an 18 month ban for dd ...not proud of that fact but was only moving the car to let someone out of a car parking space that i had blocked in ...and yes they was waiting for me to get in the car with the keys ....so much for driving a porsche lol well my car insurance for this year for a 2.7 is £527 full com protected 43 years old full no claims and a dr30 to justify if i can help let me know

amnesia 05-12-2010 12:14 AM

money supermarket

or confused dot com but i have a few tricks that may help you with any company once you have your quote

Gary H 05-12-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesia
or confused dot com but i have a few tricks that may help you with any company once you have your quote

'Tricks'? Are they legal?

I actually found Swiftcover.com considerably cheaper than anyone else, but of course it boils down to personal circumstances. Best bet is to try 3 search engines (comparethemarket, moneysupermarket and confused) and you'll have 90+% of the market covered.

J60SON 12-21-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary H
'Tricks'? Are they legal?

I actually found Swiftcover.com considerably cheaper than anyone else, but of course it boils down to personal circumstances. Best bet is to try 3 search engines (comparethemarket, moneysupermarket and confused) and you'll have 90+% of the market covered.

I actually changed my marital status from Single to cohabbiting and my insurance reduced by £70 per year???

emohawk11 05-11-2011 01:54 PM

Went with Admiral last year, £420 ish.

This year their best quote is £520 for 8 years no claims. a 25% increase in the policy price.

Swift Cover was a good tip off, unfortunately their website will not allow me to get a quote unless I have a tracker fitted to the car. TUT !!!

but hey, RAC quoted £3700 and they may even throw in free recovery; tempting offer ahem.

busbybear 05-12-2011 12:40 AM

Car Insurance

I used Admiral Last Year and they were definitely the best policy. This was because they do the multi car insurance so my wife's car insurance was good value also. I also got their breakdown cover so everything is renewable at the same time.