Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #1

Aftermarket Warranty

I think I originally posted this in performance talk by accident.....

My Boxster is an '01 with 34k original miles on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can obtain a god aftermarket warranty? One that will cover the engine? Any help would be greatly appreciated

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #2

Personally, I would not waste my money on an extended warrantee. Most of them have such loopholes, that any sort of catastrophic failure would not be covered.

If you would like to sleep better at night, simply replace the IMS with an updated IMS and place the rest of the money in a savings account staged for future repairs. And drive, drive, drive!!

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #3

good advice thanks. I have a factory warranty with my other ca and its always a fight to get anything covered. Their usual recourse is; cannot duplicate problem
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #4

I have an extended warrantee with my Acura (previous owner purchased and transfered to me) and it seems like it is always a fight for them to cover anything! Especially if you do your own maintance. Because you know....everything in your car that breaks is normal wear and tear.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #5

i have a cpo toyota 4runner. just brought it in for maintenance and had to haggle all the way up to the sales mgr who told me, well you don't come here for youroil changes you know if you did.....i was pissed. he basically said since we cant bilk you out of money over and above your warantable items we dont want to cover the warrantable items
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #6

don't forget, pretty much any after market warranty will be voided if you AX your car...