986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   question about wind deflection,, and check out my goodies =) (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24507)

MIMA 04-19-2010 11:57 PM

question about wind deflection,, and check out my goodies =)

so here is my first rave/rant...

ive driven numerous convertibles including vette, sc430, rx7, fiero, miata, sl500..and i gotta say my 2003 boxster must the prob. the worst of it comes down to wind deflection when top is down. i mean i have wind deflector my windows up, sun-visors up...is there a trick to that on porsche? check out my pix and let me know why my neck gets soo cold when i drive lol

oh and check out my new interior "accents" and sweet CF intake -=)

MIMA 04-19-2010 11:59 PM

last one ;)

Perfectlap 04-20-2010 09:10 AM

I like the carbon and pedals. The intake is pretty cool but I'm not sure if I've taken to many Claritins but mesh looks like its red on my PC.

p.s.
T-top fieros don't count as convertibles. That's one car I wish Pontiac could redo.
Too bad they went bust.

Boxtaboy 04-20-2010 09:34 AM

Is this thread really to ask about wind stoppage, or to highlight your recent mods? :D I don't think there's any pic there that really shows your windstop set up. LOL

The interior mods look cleanly done, but IMHO, it looks like carbon textured wall paper wrapped around those pieces. Not my personal taste, but to each his own. Like the carbon intake surround, but not digging the red mesh there. Would do it in black.

Wingnut2u 04-20-2010 11:07 AM

Looks nice but where's clutch pedal?

stephen wilson 04-20-2010 11:39 AM

I don't know about those other cars, but I don't find the wind to be a problem cruising @ 75 with the windstop, and at least one window up. Do you have the mesh inserts inside the rollbars?

Lil bastard 04-20-2010 01:51 PM

You do realize it's a convertible right? Convertible = Wind!

Wind in your hair is a quintescenntial part of the open air driving experience.

If you don't like the wind, that's what the Cayman is for, and don't forget, the Boxster does come with a top.

IMHO, I don't like the 'carbon' look at all, never really got it I guess - too poseur for my taste.

It always strikes me funny that those who use CF as a decoration leave it raw, while those who actually use it for it's material qualities almost always paint it. 2 weeks ago, I was cruising the pits at Barber Motorsports Park and there was more CF than there are rocks on the moon. About 98% of it was painted and that which wasn't - suspension 'A' arms and such, isn't normally painted no matter what material it's made of.

Cheers!

MIMA 04-20-2010 07:42 PM

HEHEH SWEET THX FOR ALL COMMENTS!;)

i totally appreciate both comments and I agree fake CF looks completely different than real.
I am not a "racer" just porsche owner that doesnt like body kits...crazy rims...super suspension. I just want to enjoy my 986:) with little twist of my own.

Ahh ya i think i will paint the grill black...

so you meanbaztards whenever you are in vancouver visit me !!guest bedrooms are vacant!;)