Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #1

2010 Boxster Spyder at Mt Panorama Australia.

I have just had a weekend away at Bathurst NSW Australia where the 2010 Porsche Boxster Spyder was "racing"carefully around the track. For those that don't know "The Mountain"it is a 6.2 km public road that is legendary in Aussie motorsport. Every October there is a 1000km race consisting of 163 laps.
Anyway this weekend there was the Festival of Sporting Cars> Porsche Australia attended & there were a few special cars.

Pinarelloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #2

I just learned how much you guys pay for Porsches down under. That spyder must cost what a Ferrari costs here in America.

...and to think I wanted to immigrate to Australia one day. That's not gonna happen!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #3

We make up fir it with pretty blondes besides, the price makes them even more special - which only excites these hot blondes more!

Hehe
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker
We make up fir it with pretty blondes besides, the price makes them even more special - which only excites these hot blondes more!

Hehe
A very well reasoned response. Can I just bring the cars with me and move there?

Boxsters and GT1's are fine, but I'll take the 935 any day.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #5

Here are a couple more.
Cooked engine.

GT3

Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #6

I saw the BS (love the initals) at the NY Auto Show. I noticed the Bikini top is held onto the red hooks with velcro...looked way cheesy. They should have come up with some sort of buckle with technofiber. Whatever, a minor point.
Those graphics along the bottom are really growing on me. i might add those for the summer in dark grey.

The BS comes in at 2811 lbs. I noticed a 997 Cup Car at the Auto Show was 2650 lbs. A 160 pound difference is pretty interesting. Particulary if you managed to get a 3.8 engine in there. Toss in some r-comps and motons and I don't think you could do better for under $100K.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #7

Those are some awesome cars! Thanks for sharing the pics.

SB
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Those graphics along the bottom are really growing on me. i might add those for the summer in dark grey.
I agree. Might be a relatively inexpensive way to give the car a bit of a new look. I've always considered getting the black ones like the old RS for my old yellow 911. Anyone have any idea where we could get them from?

Last edited by ARModen; 04-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #9

Anyone know how long the boxster is from wheel well to wheel well right at the bottom of the door there?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #10

I did some measuring and comparing with the spyder pictures. I ordered a set of side decals for about $50. I'll post pics here when I get them installed to see how they look.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #11

I think you need to start a new thread!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I just learned how much you guys pay for Porsches down under. That spyder must cost what a Ferrari costs here in America.

...and to think I wanted to immigrate to Australia one day. That's not gonna happen!

At a guess that car in Aus, brand new of course, will cost a little over 150k USD "on road" without any options.

If you ever did want to come here Randall, you would be able to bring a car with you. The trick is to buy a Ferrari, prove ownership in US of at least 12 months, then bring it as personal goods without being subjected to any tax. If you were to sell it the next day for a large profit it would just be good luck to you.

Daniel R is offline   Reply With Quote