Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #1

PDK control envy

So this is an odd idea. I searched and didn't find anything related to it on the forums.

I'm usually a manual transmission guy. However my current 986 has a tiptronic transmission. Now older tips had an H shaped controller. Automatic was on the right, and then the left side was manual control. In manual mode, You tapped the stick up or down to shift. With the 986 they left the manual position but moved the shifters to the steering wheel. I personally don't like the little thumb toggles at all, especially if you're turning and spinning the wheel around.

The new boxsters with the PDK keep the thumb toggles, but reverts the console controller to the original tiptronic configuration. Can anyone think of some way to retrofit the 986 controller for the old/new style? Maybe replace the current one with a salvaged pdk stick or something similar?

ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote