Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #1

Talking I spent my lunch break inside a Dyson LMP2 car :)

Every year a local Mazda dealership hosts an awesome pre-sebring exhibition event. Mazda brings in ALMS and Grand-Am Rolex teams (car, crew and drivers) to simply hang out with the fans. Knowing that the ALMS team had arrived the night before, I dropped by much earlier in the day hoping to get a sneak peak minus the crowd... and was fortunate enough to get an even closer look than I ever thought i would...

Sitting in the Dyson BP Mazda LMP2 Lola Coupe

Of course I'm bragging, wouldn't you?

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #2

Napleton Porsche near Chicago has had the Flying Lizards both of the last two years just before the Road America ALMS race. We got to chat with Jorg
Bergmeister and Pat Long, and sit in the 45 car.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #3

It is great the teams do this. Later that evening was the actual event at the dealership, and I had a great long chat with both Guy Smith and Andy Meyrick. They both commented multiple times how cool it was to be able to do meet and greets like this in such a casual atmosphere. Not many people get that opportunity to be that close to the teams.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #4

I'd love to learn how to really drive one of those things. They would be best to not allow me to sit in such a vehicle because my natural urge to find out what the switches do would be just overwhelming in there.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #5

Funny I said the same thing to a friend of mine who was one of the first drivers of this very car, he said most of those switches you never touch, and half of them are overrides when things go wrong!
This car is sick, and as much I would love to have the chance to drive it, I know I couldn't handle it.