Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #1

Replacement car radio faceplate?

Apparently I forgot to lock my car last night after I got home from work and someone decided it'd be a good idea to steal my aftermarket radio's faceplate. Thankfully they didn't damage anything and were in too much of a rush to realize the aftermarket radio itself wasn't even really secured in the dash since I had recently moved it to the lower console in anticipation of a double-din unit to come -- Hell, they could have taken the whole lower console if they had really paid attention since I never secured that either in case I needed to adjust some wiring.

Anyway....I'd like to replace the faceplate of the Pioneer DEH-P7100BT, however Pioneer's replacement site lists the part as out of stock until at least 4/28/2010 and they also don't list a price. I checked eBay and did a quick google search on the part number to no avail. I called Pioneer and asked if local authorized Pioneer repair centers would have the part and they informed me that local places don't carry a stock, they just order the part from them as well. Anyone know of another reputable place to get things like replacement faceplates? I wouldn't mind refurbished either

Sain0rs is offline   Reply With Quote