Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #1

Post Window Problem

99 Boxster- Driver's window no longer lowers to allow to allow proper fit to the top when you pull open the door handle. With the door open, I can manually push it down the 3/16 inch needed to allow door & window to close properly against the top. When I then close the door, the window still raises automatically to snug itself against the top. Is there an adjustment to the window I can make myself or is it likely something inside the door has broken that is keeping the window from working properly?

Dragon986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #2

Mine just started doing the same thing after coming home from an afternoon cruise with the top down. Anybody got any ideas?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #3

if I recall, mine did something simular to that before the window regulator went completely out and it wouldn't automatically rollup/down 1" when you open and close the door.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:27 AM   #4

Thumbs down Window won't lower when door is opened

I have a similar problem on a brand new Boxster S. When you pull on the handle the passenger door opens before the microswitch triggers and thus the window lowers after the door opens which means the glass snags in the roof recess. I'd love to know if there is an easy way to adjust the microswitch.
SamGreySeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #5

I removed the door panel and determined the window regulator will need replacing. I'll live with it for now, having to push down the window a bit before closing the door. The window functions normally otherwise.

Dragon986 is offline   Reply With Quote