Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #1

NHP Exhaust. What do you think?

Does anyone have the NHP exhaust and if so what do you think of it? It looks really good but I cant judge the sound from the video. Also what do you think of the NHP headers?

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #2

I don't have the exhaust and have never heard it in person, but from what I see online, and what I have read, it sounds like a decent setup for the money. some have said it does NOT drone, some say it does, but I suspect if it does, it is on the low/tolerable side.

if I were to get rid of my Pedro exhaust, I think I'd get the NHP system. but $2000 for a entire exhaust is NOT cheap and the reality is, despite what the sites claim, I doubt you'd see much of any power gain from the system.

some where claim these exhausts can actually decrease power...but I'll let the "experts" address that.

I do thin it sounds cool.

FYI - the "coolest" exhaust I have heard, via the internet, is the RUF. I love how this guy's car sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wMrXv1lvYs

it's 4 minutes of the owner driving around like a complete moron... but it sounds cool. similar to the NHP I think. go to 2:53.... great sounds! at least to me..
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #3

Here you go Mr Stud.

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21061&page=6&pp=20&highlight=nhp
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I'm running NHP headers with high flow cats and NHP midpipes that delete the rear cats. I traded my old base boxster muffler for a Boxster S muffler. I love it! It's louder and sounds great when the car warms up without being obnoxiously loud. Almost a year with this setup and zero problem. ZERO REGRETS!
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 02-19-2010 at 05:27 PM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #5

Garage
That exhaust system is not for the 3.2 boxster S, but rather a 2.7. Notice the absence of the pre-cat.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
I don't have the exhaust and have never heard it in person, but from what I see online, and what I have read, it sounds like a decent setup for the money. some have said it does NOT drone, some say it does, but I suspect if it does, it is on the low/tolerable side.

if I were to get rid of my Pedro exhaust, I think I'd get the NHP system. but $2000 for a entire exhaust is NOT cheap and the reality is, despite what the sites claim, I doubt you'd see much of any power gain from the system.

some where claim these exhausts can actually decrease power...but I'll let the "experts" address that.

I do thin it sounds cool.

FYI - the "coolest" exhaust I have heard, via the internet, is the RUF. I love how this guy's car sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wMrXv1lvYs

it's 4 minutes of the owner driving around like a complete moron... but it sounds cool. similar to the NHP I think. go to 2:53.... great sounds! at least to me..
Unfortunately, that Ruf exhaust is part of a 3.4 engine conversion, not a regular boxster. My 9FF exhaust sounds a lot like it.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
Unfortunately, that Ruf exhaust is part of a 3.4 engine conversion, not a regular boxster. My 9FF exhaust sounds a lot like it.

that guys video claims he only has a 2.7L..... ?? maybe he got it separate?

2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote