Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Ray

MAF Clean!

But this is what resulted after raising the roof. I guess 40f was not warm enough to do the job. (top is 10+ yrs old). Check this out http://home.comcast.net/~rgstlouis/maf.jpg

Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Nice color for the car ,though. Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
But this is what resulted after raising the roof. I guess 40f was not warm enough to do the job. (top is 10+ yrs old). Check this out http://home.comcast.net/~rgstlouis/maf.jpg
Wow, that is a crack. I had some small cracks in my top and as a result replaced it with a Gahh Glass window top. Cant go wrong there. In fact I just lowered it yesterday for the first time ever and its great. View out the rear window is compromised somewhat but I wasnt concerned about that. Good luck with the repairs.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Someone hasn't read their owner's manual.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #5

I did the same thing last spring. It was 50+ outside, but only 40 in the garage.

For what it's worth, I submitted a claim to my insurer and they paid it under the Comprehensive coverage. I now have a great GAHH top with a glass window and it cost me $500 to cover the deductible.
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #6

Yeah, seems anything under 50 degrees and you have to be careful about the rear soft window. Or if your top is older than 4-5 years and that rear window has started to dry out.

Top on mine is only about 2 years old. Once it starts showing it's age, I'll get the GAHH top for sure. Sort of done with the soft window thing.
root_werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TrunkSteve
I did the same thing last spring. It was 50+ outside, but only 40 in the garage.

For what it's worth, I submitted a claim to my insurer and they paid it under the Comprehensive coverage. I now have a great GAHH top with a glass window and it cost me $500 to cover the deductible.

hmmm... comprehensive claim for a new top based on the window cracking due to opening it in too cold of temps... you can claim teh cold temp caused it... and it's not wear and tear...

did htey give you flak about that claim?

2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote