Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to ClaudeC
Unhappy Side windows goes to high

Hi there,

I just coming from a shop who replaced my rear flexible window and they told me that I have a problem with my side windows (driver and passager). The windows don't stop at the seal but pass over the seal just like they don't know the top is up (the indicator lamp didn't show the top is down).

Please help need !

Thanks to everyone

Claude

ClaudeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #2

Claude, insure that the hook that latches your top to the windshield is fully inserted into the hole... there's a switch in there that actuates quite a few things, including your windows. The guys who worked on your top may not have seated the hook deep enough before latching it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to ClaudeC
I found the problem !

Thanks Randall,
Yesterday after the lunch time, I decide to remove the canvas over the frame of the top. I have just removed the rubber seal that cover the front and the side of the top and I was looking at the metal rail that hold the rubber seal. I was surprise the the metal rail didn't fit very well in their place. I just decide to switch the rail from the driver saide to the passenger and vice-versa. They fitted very well after that ! So I replaced the rubber seal and try to lift the windows. They closed like before the car going to the shop where they replace my rear window !

I'm so happy right now you don't beleive it ! I wah my car today and I just enjoy it !

Thanks again !
Claude

ClaudeC is offline   Reply With Quote