986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cluster and OBC (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21873)

brian2034 08-26-2009 04:44 PM

Cluster and OBC

Okay

It's been a year since I did the four stalk install but still no chance of travelling the 1000 Miles to the nearest dealer to get my OBC turned on!!

But next month I'm travelling to Phoenix Az. for a month

I was thinking if anyone was interested in helping a fellow driver.

I would remove my cluster and bring it with me to Arizona, I can ship it from there to anyone who would be willing to temporarily install my cluster in a car and turn on my OBC!!!

I know it is alot to ask but its the only way I will be able to get it turned on!!

Anybody out there willing to do a good deed

Please let me know what the deed is worth if interested!!!

mikes_box 08-26-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian2034
Okay

It's been a year since I did the four stalk install but still no chance of travelling the 1000 Miles to the nearest dealer to get my OBC turned on!!

But next month I'm travelling to Phoenix Az. for a month

I was thinking if anyone was interested in helping a fellow driver.

I would remove my cluster and bring it with me to Arizona, I can ship it from there to anyone who would be willing to temporarily install my cluster in a car and turn on my OBC!!!

I know it is alot to ask but its the only way I will be able to get it turned on!!

Anybody out there willing to do a good deed

Please let me know what the deed is worth if interested!!!

i think the only way to turn it on is to do it on the car's computer, not the cluster...

Lil bastard 08-26-2009 07:28 PM

Yes, programming the DME is what is needed to make it work properly.

:cheers:

Boxtaboy 08-27-2009 03:24 AM

You need to either find someone with a Porsche PST2 or PWIS computer to turn on your OBC, or take your car to the dealer and pay them to turn it on. They would probably charge you half an hour labor to turn it on for you. You cannot turn it on through the cluster itself.

tholyoak 08-27-2009 04:25 PM

You guys are confusing coding for cruise control and coding the OBC. The cruise needs to be activated in the DME and the cluster. No programming in the DME is needed to activate the OBC option. Thus, as the original poster asks, someone with a PST or PIWIS could swap his cluster into another car and activate the OBC for him.

To the original poster. As a fellow Canadian, I would be happy to help you out but it would depend on what year your car is whether I could swap it into one of my cars . Just send me a PM or email.

-Todd

brian2034 08-28-2009 05:05 PM

Thanks Todd

Its a 2002 Boxster

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Brian Parsons