Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #1

Garage
I just completed replacing the convertible top on my 2001 Boxster. I ordered a replacement top from www.autotopsdirect.com ... German A5 canvas, tinted soft rear window... manufactured by a California company called Sierra ... $389.00. Very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the new top.

Follow Mike Focke's excellent instructions, take your time, and pay attention to details. I also took a boatload of pictures of the removal of the old top with my digital camera.

I used contact cement versus the 3M double-sided tape. The tape just didn't want to adhere to and hold the new canvas top material very well. Finished the job in a weekend (I took my time and sweated every detail of the new top installation). The new top is wrinkle free and functions flawlessly!
Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #2

Garage
I got my top from AutoTopsDirect. Installed it myself in 6-7 hours with the instructions they provided. Here's a link to the install PDF and a picture of the top installed

PDF

Tieniber is offline   Reply With Quote