Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #1

Help with door pocket lids

Hello,
I have floppy lids on my 2002 door. So I went on ebay and found some 996 black leather lids.
see picture below

anyway, The item that I bought is just the cap that screws into something ( i am not familar with 996 doors).
Is there a way to make this work with a boxster door?

I was suprised that on pelican parts the lids are 556$ each. I got them on ebay for 110. If I can not retrofit onto the boxster.....

does anyone want to take them off my hands for what I paid for them?

Thanks,
James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #2

Garage
Damn, I did the same thing. I paid less than $50 w/shipping about 5 months ago, they are perfect but same problem, how to mount them without paying too much for parts from Porsche. It also looks like the handle or something else is different as these don't seem to completely cover the hole. Any thoughts or advise anyone?
Pirate50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #3

I can't help you with retrofitting the part you purchased, but I had a "floppy lid" also. I purchased a new lid (black plastic, not leather) for only about $50. I can look up the name of the company if you like. It came with the attachments for my 986 and works great. You can do the same. If you need leather, go on Pedro's Garage site for a DIY lesson on covering the door handles with leather for about $20 in parts.

Eric

E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote