Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #1

anyone with a dansk exhaust?

any resonance with the dansk exhaust? just wanted to know if it has resonance; use to have a ghl and that was terrible.. looking at the two exhaust they are definitely different.. any replies would be appreciated...

mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 AM   #2

I installed a Dansk "sausage" muffler on my '01 S and experienced some drone between 2800-3000 RPM, but it wasn't too bad - I just kept in a lower or higher gear.

I later had Dansk headers installed and the drone disppeared. I guess the harmonics of the headers and muffler together must have cancelled each other out. All I know is that the problem is now gone. I still have stock mid-pipes with the secondary cats.
Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I have a dansk muffler with the "super sound tips" (not the one that looks like a sausage), and it does not resonate at all. It is shaped like the OEM muffler.

The sound is not as aggresive as the GHL though, so be aware that you'll only get a modest increase in sound after 4k rpms. Otherwise, it sounds similar to stock, except that it is deeper and a bit throatier.

http://www.************************************************************/product.asp?pf%5Fid=P914200&dept%5Fid=4577

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #4

I have the sausage my experience has been it's louder than stock, especially noticeable with top up driving. There is a bit of a resonance zone but I think it goes along with a performance exhaust. With the top down the sound is intoxicating, especially in the higher RPM range.

eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote