Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #1

Weird problem

I have a dumb question here.When I first bought my car a while back I was driving on the highway and it felt like I had a bent rim on my front right wheel. The next day I got back in the car and drove the same speed in the car and no wobbly feeling in fact nothing. At this point I went to a tire shop and had my wheels balanced and asked the tech if my wheels were bent. The tech told me the wheels were "true" and that they were balanced correctly. So , now my question is could it be my ball joint? If so would this be in deed the ball joint? If it is in deed the ball joint then would this work to replace it? What is a outer ball joint? I thought there was a upper and lower. I need to fix this problem cause at high speeds it feels like my wheel is going to wobble right off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-S-Tie-Rod-Front-Outer-ball-joint_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el111 6QQhashZitem260291655448QQitemZ260291655448QQptZMo torsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote