Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Porscheectomy

Got a little weather today

This is why it's nice to have a winter car in Colorado. 12+ inches of snow so far and it's still coming down.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #2

I arrived at DIA at 10:30am today and it took 4 hours to get to my house in Pine. Glad I was driving my 4x4 as I saw hundreds of 2wd cars stuck on the ice on the smallest hills on my way home.

Dave S.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #3

Hey Blue, I feel for you. According to the weather channel, we may get some of that system this weekend in northern Illinois...just as I'm getting excited about pulling the Box out in a couple of weeks. It was 60* today; 70's south of the city.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Hey Blue, I feel for you. According to the weather channel, we may get some of that system this weekend in northern Illinois...just as I'm getting excited about pulling the Box out in a couple of weeks. It was 60* today; 70's south of the city.
The nice thing about the spring storms is that it'll be warm enough this weekend that it will probably be gone by Monday. Kinda fun, actually.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
FTD

We are getting clobbered with rain. Its great after a long drought. Lake levels are coming up to 12 or 15 feet below full pool. It is probably more than the ground can absorb, but its all good...

If I were to look outside and see all that snow, I would shut the door, go back in, and hibernate for a few more weeks. Ugh!

Glad to see the roadster is INSIDE the garage.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
We are getting clobbered with rain. Its great after a long drought. Lake levels are coming up to 12 or 15 feet below full pool. It is probably more than the ground can absorb, but its all good...

If I were to look outside and see all that snow, I would shut the door, go back in, and hibernate for a few more weeks. Ugh!

Glad to see the roadster is INSIDE the garage.
We needed the moisture badly, so I think everyone is pretty happy to see it here too.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #7

We've been in fantastic weather this week and for most of the month. Mid to upper 60's and today is expected to reach 70. However we're in somewhat of a drought. We had normal rainfall this year but we sure could use a lot more. Our reservoirs are only 40-50% full and talks of water rationing is already in progress.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #8

After strong rain storms last evening, we awoke to three or so inches of heavy, wet snow this morning.

The vegetation may like it , but I'm tired of winter!

Time to drive something other than my Grand Cherokee...

PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote