Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #1

2003 Boxster S

I have an opportnity to fly out this week and pick up a 2003 Boxster S with around 35k miles. The car has been maintained at a dealership and they ahave all records. I'm very excited about this but as several of you may have read before I am concerned with my driveway and how this car will handle the incline.

If possible, would any current owner with stock height do me a favor and measure the ground clearance on the front lip of the car to the ground and also the distance from the front lip back to the tire? I have been unable to find a local Boxster owner to check this out and believe these two measurements may help me determine if this will be an issue or not.

If you can help out with this I appreciate it!

spyder803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #2

I have an 03 Boxster S and it measures about 33 inches from the front of the contact patch to the front of the car. I have about 9 1/4 inches of clearance under the front lip to the ground.

Hope that helps. I bought my '03 S last October after doing a bunch of research. Having the glass back window and glove box are nice upgrades in that year.

Dave S.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #3

I've driven mine up some pretty sharp inclines. It will handle them better than you think just keep in mind that you want to approach at a gentle angle.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #4

Thanks Adam and Dave. I will be taking things at an angle, the measurements help a bunch as I can now better visualize this and find my best approach direction and angle.

spyder803 is offline   Reply With Quote