986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   spoiler indicator light (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19825)

driverkrazy 03-07-2009 01:35 PM

spoiler indicator light

I have a 98 boxster and was thinking about putting in a spoiler indicator light from ebay. Does anyone have any experience with one?

Lil bastard 03-07-2009 02:12 PM

You already have one... it indicates that the spoiler has not extended (or there's an issue with speed calibration).

:cheers:

rick3000 03-07-2009 03:02 PM

I think the switch he is referring to is a light that turns on when the spoiler is up. I've seen those on eBay and they seem fairly useless, but look nice and get ride of empty switch plug. I don't have an experience with them, but the seller has been nice when I contacted him about those switches. It also wouldn't be to hard to diy.

driverkrazy 03-07-2009 05:53 PM

It is that mostly useless light that fills up the space. I like to tinker with the car and thought it would be fun to put one in. My other thought and probably a more useful modification would be to put in a short shifter. What do you know about those.

cvhs18472 03-08-2009 03:07 AM

I put one in to fill space. Easy and , as someone who has not grown up yet, it is fun. It also allows you to put up the spoiler without reaching underneath. Going 75 is another way of doing it without reaching. Ed

driverkrazy 03-08-2009 08:24 AM

The one on ebay is only a light that flashes when the spoiler is going up and stays lit when it is up. You have one that allows you to move the spoiler? Where did you get that one? :confused:

rick3000 03-08-2009 08:30 AM

There's a spoiler switch in the footwell, what you can also do is add a dash mounted switch. It is very simple to make, I have some instructions on my website, if you want to take a look. You could also wire the spoiler indicator light to the spoiler switch.

NWI Bill 03-08-2009 08:40 AM

I just received my spoiler indicator dash light :D ....even though I bought it on ebay, it is actually a genuine Porsche part. It's just not offered here in the states. It's looks fairly easy to install and I may try doing it yet today, since it's raining here in Chicagoland. Suncoast Parts has the actual switch for the dash to raise or lower the spoiler....I believe it is around $28..

Rareair 03-08-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWI Bill
I just received my spoiler indicator dash light :D ....even though I bought it on ebay, it is actually a genuine Porsche part. It's just not offered here in the states. It's looks fairly easy to install and I may try doing it yet today, since it's raining here in Chicagoland.

#1, What's the Porsche part number?

#2, Please post a scan of the install & wiring instructions. It seems fairly easy for a DIYer, but we all want to know where to properly locate & connect the appropriate wires

driverkrazy 03-12-2009 01:27 PM

Well I dropped the spoiler light project and purchased a short shifter from Bumperplug.com B&M for $199.99 Thought the shifter will be more useful than the spoiler light. Thanks for the replys.