Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #1

911 & Porsche World Feb 09 Issue - 986 Buyer's Guide

In that issue there's a 986 Boxster Buyer's Guide, it confirmed the fact with many others that 986 is one of the best bargains you can buy and author favors the revised 2003-2004 models.

Yes they did mention the glove box & glass rear window as an "OMG why did they leave that out in the first place" comment. It's nice to know that I'm not crazy to share the same thought.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #2

My 2000 is not a daily driver, and I can honestly say that the only time that I have driven it with the top up was when I put it in storage last year. The rear window never came into play.

I suppose if it was a daily driver, as it is for some of you, these things would be more important. I never even think about the lack of a glove compartment or cup holders.
bkiersz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #3

I read that this weekend. Great issue, I was a little dissapointed with the suspension section though. There could have been more discussion of that topic since its the one big repair every Boxster owner will have to tackle.

I was going to send them an email to put all their Boxster articles into one issue and sell it as a booklet. That would sell very well with so many owners sitting put on their Boxsters instead of trading in for a newer Porsche.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote