Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2005, 08:07 AM   #1

Extended Warranty Companies

Hi all. Thinking of taking the plunge on a 2001 or 2002 boxster and want to have a little insurance via an extended warranty. Assuming I am not buying from Porsche itself and getting there certified car does any have any experience with an aftermarket extended warranty company that they would use again? I not only want to have the coverage but I want the coverage to be usefull. I know warranty gold folded up and left everyone high and dry. Any feedback is appreciated. thankyou

Bill

nidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #2

I went through Warranty Direct. I haven't had to use it yet so I can't telly you about the service, but it supposedly covers everything, including (optionally) the emissions system. I think it cost me just shy of $2000 and it extended the warranty four more years and out to 100,000 miles.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:22 AM   #3

I bought my 01-S from a Chevy dealer. They offered me an Extended thru GE (which I think just sold all their consumer insurance biz off...) for $2+k.

I've decided to spend a few hundred in the next couple of months that are left on the fact. warranty having an expert make an educated guess that the future (about 5,000mi yearly) looks good for me - rather than imagining that I am moving my family to MexCity and need a bodyguard day-one.

I'd also suggest you look into some of the auto ins. companies offering it. Progressive comes to mind...the one for the ex-Mil...and some other's. Even some credit unions have it. I gather it's tons cheaper. ...and I'd sure never buy it off the internet!?

I would have never bought mine without some factory warranty.

Jim

w/fingers crossed
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
I went through Warranty Direct. I haven't had to use it yet so I can't telly you about the service, but it supposedly covers everything, including (optionally) the emissions system. I think it cost me just shy of $2000 and it extended the warranty four more years and out to 100,000 miles.
I just picked up an 01 S and have started to look at an extended warranty as well. I did check out Warranty Direct, but was quoted a price well above $2k. Did you do anything special to get that price? Thanks!

NoElise is offline   Reply With Quote