Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
well F, now o realllly cant wait for nice weather

took ownership of a 100% stock 2005 R1.
got a great deal, including both stands and a trailer from a guy who even delivered it to me in this crappy chicago weather.
i dont have any pics yet, cant freggin find battery charger, but im in a process of cleaning all the salt off of it from the drive in hahah.
if u wanna know what it looks like just google blue 05 r1, its all blue withs ome stupid decals that come factory, all that stuff is coming off as we speak, including r1 and all...
bike is veryyy well taken care of and i just cant wait for nice weather to ride it.

the guy that bought the Ducati monster from me came and picked it up and actually rode it in snowstorm with ski pants and all...i was like but he did send me a text and him and the bike are all good lol

so yeah, pics to come...but wow, finally a liter bike and i like the undertail exhaust its got.
its in the garage with 90% of stickers peeled off, and rear fender stuff unbolted, all the reflectors, and stickers off the tank (and even foil around the key hole lol) and have to find some nice turnsignals that are not orange (we all know my love for orange lol)

anywas, watch out now

looks like the box will be sold soon too just cant make myself put it on the market

*edit, heres the google pic, it looks 100% like it, well at least few hours ago it did lol

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page

Last edited by djomlas; 01-12-2009 at 05:16 PM.
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Beautiful bike DJ. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you total?
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #3

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
took ownership of a 100% stock 2005 R1.
got a great deal, including both stands and a trailer from a guy who even delivered it to me in this crappy chicago weather.
i dont have any pics yet, cant freggin find battery charger, but im in a process of cleaning all the salt off of it from the drive in hahah.
if u wanna know what it looks like just google blue 05 r1, its all blue withs ome stupid decals that come factory, all that stuff is coming off as we speak, including r1 and all...
bike is veryyy well taken care of and i just cant wait for nice weather to ride it.

the guy that bought the Ducati monster from me came and picked it up and actually rode it in snowstorm with ski pants and all...i was like but he did send me a text and him and the bike are all good lol

so yeah, pics to come...but wow, finally a liter bike and i like the undertail exhaust its got.
its in the garage with 90% of stickers peeled off, and rear fender stuff unbolted, all the reflectors, and stickers off the tank (and even foil around the key hole lol) and have to find some nice turnsignals that are not orange (we all know my love for orange lol)

anywas, watch out now

looks like the box will be sold soon too just cant make myself put it on the market

*edit, heres the google pic, it looks 100% like it, well at least few hours ago it did lol
Sounds like you are having fun with the new ride - hopefully all indoors, heard about a snowstorm or some such warning for Chicago tonight.

Just curious, why did you sell the Ducati?
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #4

At the expense of sounding like your dad (or worse, your mother) do be careful riding that bike and please don't take it to triple digits on public roads.

DJ, we've become fond of you here on the forum and I'm even starting to like the color of your box. We want you around for a long, long time!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #5

Nice bike.

It was 73 degrees here in SF today.
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #6

^
showoff...i was taking decals off and shoveling snow :dance:

sold the ducati, well..i dunno, just wanted something different again.

i got the bike, trailer/ramp/straps, both bikestands, some tools and extra parts like air filters and gloves for $4300 after some "slight" negotiation
gotta love winter pricing

and Randall, dont worry man, my friends always call me the boring rider couse i dont wanna speed too much and do stupid stuff

and heres a quick updated pic of the bike stickerless, god those range things need to go lol

Old 01-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #7

heres another quick pic,
picked up a set of greggs customs led flushmounts ($120, but arrived in yellow grrrr, so ill have them repainted)
also, rearsets and pass footpegs will get powdercoated black, smoked windcsreen, and some other things here and there...
still wanna polish and wax the thing, but its -19 today so that wont work lol

heres a quick pic i made as wallpaper for work

Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #8

You got an insanely good deal. (this is coming from a guy who owns a shop that buys, refurbishes and sells motorcycles) The downside of the nice weather in San Francisco is that we don't ever see winter pricing like that!

roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote