Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
porsche986

Boxster video

I feel for this guy, when i smashed my boxster up this time last year it was a gutting feeling. Pleased he got it fixed up though.

Here is a small video of it.

http://www.avogl.com/images/Boxster/boxsterbrbsv/oops/102_0244.avi

right click and "save target as"

Old 01-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #2

Were did you get that video? Isn’t that somebody on this board's car? I swear someone posted pictures of this a while back. I think one of the North Eastern guys. Am I nuts?!?!

BTW: I did this in my Firebird on Thursday We got 4 inches of snow during work and on the way home I was coming down an on ramp to the freeway when the back end of the Firebird went out and the car headed down in a ditch. I some how managed to straighten the car out, but it had some momentum to the right that carried it off the road. I don’t know how I didn’t hit anything or anybody. The guy behind me hit the same ice and wrecked much harder. There was no damage to my car, thankfully. I just got stuck and had to wait for a tow truck to pull me out.

Last edited by QporscheQ; 01-17-2005 at 01:56 PM.
QporscheQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
porsche986

you were lucky, when i smashed mine up i was lucky as if a car had been comming the other way i would have been killed for sure.. after about x5 360 turns and smashing into a field the spoiler came down and trapped wire off the fence inside the bumper, when i tried to start up and make a quick run for it before the farmer came i ripped my rear bumper in half and wrecked the spoiler... what a sick feeling!... I couldnt think what to do so i had to wait for the police to come with those dam flashing lights all over the road which i didnt want.. anyways it turned out the road was dangerous and didnt warn of a bend and drop so the police let me off. The car started up fine and i drove off home... hope that never happens to anyone, with my car being black it was even worse as EVERY mark showed up..
Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #4

I had a crazy spin incident once due to ice(?) on a ramp that was unbelieveable. For those of you familiar with Boston and what the central artery elevated roadway was like before they finished the $14B "Big Dig" project, this was on the ramp that wound down from I-93 S, around the old Boston Garden, and onto Storrow Drive.

I was driving my girlfriend home one snowy night to Beacon Hill. Coming down the ramp I hit one of the then all-too-common potholes/bumps and my tiny new Honda CRX started spinning. All I remember was my brain saying "both feet in", my mouth saying "Holy spit" and watching the rotating images of the green-painted rusty steel all around us on that narrow curving ramp, while I tried madly to direct us away from anything solid. Oh, and my passenger screaming the whole time at the top of her lungs, like in a cartoon or bad horror film! 1,080 degrees later (3x360) we magically ended up on the right side of the split to the Storrow underpass, rolling forwards, still upright, and with only a 1/2" scrape on the plastic rear bumper.

Considering that the length of the car was fully half the width of the ramp, I still suspect a distortion of space-time was the only way we could have made it through this without major damage. Maybe they were running some experiment at the nearby Museum of Science ?