Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #1

Dent in Front Bumper

Hi Guys, I was at a "nice" hotel over the weekend and the stupid parking guy somehow put a nice little dent into my front bumper and won't fess up to it.

The paint isn't cracked or anything, can anyone tell me a good way to pop this dent out? I would say the dent is on the smaller side but is clearly noticeable from a distance as it is punched it a bit. I read a few people suggesting a heat gun or a hair dryer.

They popped out the "Headlight Corner Reflector" which is just the triangle small light cover trim piece near the Head Light, that piece cost like $18.00 to replace. So I have a small-ish opening right above the dent right there where I can reach into.

Do you think I need to take the front Bumper off? How difficult is it to take the front bumper off? I can actually reach the dent from inside of this opening!

michaelc4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
bmussatti

Try the blow dryer trick. A Forum member did this to his car a few months back with success.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #3

It would probably help to get the bumper off the car to heat it and push from the inside. Damage is best removed in the opposite direction in which it was caused. Having said that, you can probably have a shop repair and refinish the bumper for 600.00 or so.

Best of luck.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #4

I had a similar event while staying at a boutique hotel in Providence. I found that the parking service was a subcontractor and they were happy to pay only $125 for replacement of a scraped mirror on my Volvo wagon. None of their jockeys would admit to causing the damage . I sent the sub e-m pix & repair estimates to serve as documentation so it didn't take more than 15 minutes of my time. You might be surprised to find a sympathetic ear if you press the issue.
raddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #5

Garage
You should go to the hotel manager and tell them what happened. I'm sure the hotel has parking lot surveillance video and have them prove there employee didn't damage your car. You said it was a "nice" hotel, I stay at allot of nice hotels and they will work with their customers to alleviate any problems. If you know the lot attendant (looks, name etc.) that did the damage, that will bolster your credibility.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
bmussatti

Here is the old thread:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11418&highlight=dent