986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Awesome activity! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1855)

Stryke 01-07-2005 07:00 AM

Awesome activity!

In the past week each time I click "view new posts" in the morning I get 5-10 threads that pop up. When I started coming here we had days go by without anything. I am glad to see the forum heading in the right direction. :)

Good posting, members! :)

Push 01-07-2005 08:21 AM

Yes, especially when a new guy is looking for as much information as possible. This site also has a wide variety of topics, ie: new and old models, tech questions, pictures and detailed instruction on how to's. A very good site indeed. I assume with more people, these qualities will grow exponentially.

Cole 01-07-2005 09:28 AM

Hey..is that 'new guy' me ? :)

tqtran 01-07-2005 11:10 AM

THis is one of my favorite forums

Push 01-07-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cole
Hey..is that 'new guy' me ? :)
Yes, you asked too many questions and crashed the server, which crashed the internet, which crashed the stock market.

It's ok because I did the same thing a few days ago. :dance:

Cole 01-07-2005 01:20 PM

Hey....my SIRI and XMSR stock is still up :)

Push 01-07-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cole
Hey....my SIRI and XMSR stock is still up :)
And I'm sure it will rise. Satellite radio is very "in". Good picks!

Pablito 01-07-2005 05:15 PM

SIRI will have a good push, according to BusinessWeek Ford will be installing Sirius options on their new models line-up...Uh by the way I'm another "new guy" that just got registered. I'm enjoying all thinfo I'm picking up!!!

Brucelee 01-07-2005 05:52 PM

This site rocks!

Subanez 01-08-2005 03:45 PM

It was kind of funny...there was a post about 2 or 3 weeks ago where a member mentioned that this site doesn't really get that much activity....since then, its been crazy, people posting 5 times the normal. Even since I've been a member, its gotten more and more popular.

Part of the fun of belonging to a forum is signing on daily and just reading the new posts and seeing what people are talking about.

Thanks, JT and everyone else involved. :)

porsche986 01-08-2005 04:12 PM

I agree, hard to find a good forum without jerks spoiling it.
This kind of runs itself, no abuse...

I used to be a member of boxa.net but the daily fighting was annoying. Also noone had any respect for each other, they used to charge 27.00 GBP for a spoiler sticker, thats like 54 USD to its own members. When i said i can do them for half that i was banned... how babyish is that. Besides most good people were leaving thats why you cant see the forum unless you become a member... people join this site after the read the posts, thats the whole idea aint it?

This is the ultimate forum, no jerks, no off topic arguing and a nice place to be.

long may it continue!

Tool Pants 01-08-2005 04:38 PM

Funds from the sale of stickers by Dean are used to offset the cost to run boxa.net, owned by Dean. If you can produce stickers for half the price then good for you, but that does not keep boxa.net online.

IceBox 01-08-2005 05:41 PM

I must agree. This site has a friendly helpful community that seems to observe the golden rule: 'If you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say it'. The last car forum I frequented was dedicated to my previous car, and the people there couldn't stay on topic to save their lives. Almost every thread devolved into chaos, with the old guard stating that this conversation had already happened, or use the search, etc. It didn't matter that the topic was covered 3 years ago or that the search info didn't actually answer the question, let alone that people like to talk about things amongst themselves, and not just read others opinion on a subject. That site was actually a contributing factor to selling the NSX. One thread actually suggested that people who drove those cars were inheritly smarter than those that drove other cars, as there were a few pilots and engineers on board. The elitism was pathetic. I just want to say thanks to everyone for contributing to make this a fun place to visit.

Brucelee 01-08-2005 06:01 PM

This place has good folks, good conversation. A winning formula.

Adam 01-08-2005 07:12 PM

Hey Stryke, are you still trying to sell the S?:(

Stryke 01-08-2005 09:28 PM

Yes Adam. :)

porsche986 01-09-2005 02:05 AM

toolpants it wasnt the idea i can do them for alot cheaper, it was the fact members were slagging my style of sticker off by taking funds away from Dean. I have been doing these for 5 years +,.... Actually Dean didnt do anything, he was ok, it was the mindless mob in the forums.