986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2004 bozster (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811)

St. Louis Boxster 01-02-2005 08:17 AM

2004 bozster

Just purchased a used 04 model. Call me crazy.. any way to disconnect the annoying seat belt warning light/chime?

Subanez 01-02-2005 10:10 AM

Yea...wear your seatbelt? Are you saying it chimes even when the seatbelt is latched?

St. Louis Boxster 01-02-2005 01:01 PM

No it doesn't chime when I wear the seatbelt. YES I know I should wear it. Just wondered if I chose not to wear it, can the chimes and blinking lights be disabled? and again, I know it's a good idea to wear the seat belt.

porsche986 01-02-2005 01:14 PM

I dont think you can disable the lights for the seat belts or the chimes. I mean if you wanted to i am sure you could do something but not a good idea to start chopping and cutting wires in a 04 boxster or any boxster really.

There will be some hack for it on the boxster hacks forum i havent a clue of the URL anymore there are lots of them now, the forum is ran by an ****************************.

QporscheQ 01-02-2005 02:02 PM

:D!!!!!!!ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!:D

I've been reading this board for almost a year now and this is the first other STL person I've seen.

Take that SoCal, New England, and DC folks ;)

Welcome :cheers:

P.S. Wear your seat belt, I'd hate to lose the only other STL Boxster owner on this board.

St. Louis Boxster 01-02-2005 04:19 PM

QporscheQ, thanks, glad to join you on this board. By the way, I've looked arourd for a Boxster club in our area (STL) and haven't found one. Thanks for the replies on my question folks. I look forward to continuing to read your board.

Brucelee 01-02-2005 06:44 PM

Ask your dealer. Usually, there is a plug under the dash or seat that can simply be unplugged, not cut. I did this on my BMW and yes, I did wear my SB, simply found the chime totally annoying.

St. Louis Boxster 01-02-2005 06:47 PM

Thanks, I really do wear the seat belt 95% of the time.. it's just annoying to hear that stupid chime. I'll call the dealer tomorrow AM.

Perfectlap 01-03-2005 07:41 AM

That stupid chime could save your life!
I have two friends who died in a crash, a third couldn't walk for almost a year. none were wearing their seat belts. The driver walked away without a scratch.

QporscheQ 01-04-2005 04:06 PM

STLBox,

I don't know of any “just Boxster” clubs in the area. I'm in PCA, and there are a few Boxsters in there, but like you would expect it is almost all 911s.

I guess we could start one?!?! I don’t really know any other Boxster owners very well. Honestly, I don’t even see too many on the roads. How about you? When I was in DC over Christmas I saw at least 2 a day, here I'm lucky to see one every few weeks.

St. Louis Boxster 01-04-2005 04:23 PM

I've been reading about the advantages of the PCA and will probably join. I don't know about getting involved in rallies and stuff. I understand there's a big deal in Effingham, IL every year that features many Porshes, etc.

I don't know any other Boxster owners either in STL either. I work near Plaza Motors so I see Boxsters every day. Mine's at Plaza right now getting a new tire since I picked up a screw in the tire last week.

Brucelee 01-05-2005 06:26 AM

"That stupid chime could save your life!
I have two friends who died in a crash, a third couldn't walk for almost a year. none were wearing their seat belts. The driver walked away without a scratch"

I was certainly not advocating not using a seat belt. I simply never needed a chime to remind me of something that I have been doing for the last thirty plus years without fail.

If one needs the reminder, by all means leave the chime in place!

QporscheQ 01-05-2005 07:43 AM

I have had one friend killed because he was not wearing a seat belt, and another was seriously injured. If you don’t want to wear one in your car, that is your business. However, get in my car and you’re putting it on!

Anyway,

STLBox

I live in that same general area, but I rarely drive by Plaza. What color is your car? Any distinguishable features (wheels, different lights etc . .) on your car? Mine is triple black with the clear side markers and red/clear tail lights. I also don’t have the front license plate on. Keep an eye out

I went to Funfest in Effingham last summer. I had a blast. Go to www.tweeks.com there will be some info someplace about it. Get in touch with me closer to the date (I think in June). As of right now it looks like I’m going to caravan with three friends (a 996TT and two 944s). The more the better.