Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2004, 01:31 PM   #1

Top Gear - A great program!

Someone on the list pointed me to a website where I could download 5th gear episodes in bit torrent format and I downloaded a few Top Gear episodes as well, and I've fallen in love with this BBC program. You brits on the list are so lucky to watch this every Sunday night on local TV!

They put lots of cars through the paces (cheap ones and supercars alike) and are not nearly as "every car is wonderful" about reviews like the idiots who produce Autoweek (or whatever it's called) from PBS that airs on Sunday mornings here in Houston.

Here's the link...

http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php?PHPSESSID=8003432f6a25adb8bbcf4fc96f f47d49

Check it out!

PS - If you don't have a bit torrent download client, you'll need to download one of these first, but the instructions are on this website's pages after you select a show to download.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
porsche986

yer its on monday night on sky and wednesday and thursday and then on sunday.

Its a great show, yesterday they raced the ferrari enzo around public yes public road... stopping at lights lol the amount of people with there mouths dropping lol

great show.. the famous top gear boxster review is awsome i think winmx has it, its worth downloading and keeping.
I will see if i can dig it up, its when tiff and Clarkson were best friends on topgear. hehe
Old 12-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #3

Do you have the air date on this one? I'll look for it as well. They all speak highly of the boxster and I'd love to see them drive it and talk about it.

What's "winmx" by the way?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 04:40 PM   #4

I like the show. Speed channel carries it at least 5 times a month where I live. Tiff has a nice giidy laugh but is awful heavy on those powerslides at the track. I love his verdict on the Gallardo - fast but boring and uninvolving to drive. Sounds like it was the perfect choice for folks on "The Apprentice" to drive on the track.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:51 AM   #5
porsche986

www.winmx.com is a peer2peer network where you can download music, latest films, any kind of video, any programme you can think of.all free. I downloaded the topgear boxster review last night so i will upload it to a server today and post it here. boxster is light blue

This is the first ever boxster review i saw. To be honest after watching this back in 1996 around 9 months later i bought mt boxster. There is another great boxster vid where they take the boxster, Z4 and Honda s2000 to the isle of man where they blast them around the island all day. They all fight for the boxster lol, the do little tests 0/10 for looks, performance ect.... its really good. I am downloading that now. boxster is yellow

There is another VERY HARD to get video i only saw it once where they compare EVERY 2 seater sports car you can think of, i think 30+ and guess what the boxster wins hands down. This was filmed in 2002. boxster is silver

anyways i will upload proberly the best review in the world as soon as i finish my website index page.

yes ad sach i agree he throws the cars around, he does the same with the boxster and breaks the gear box. lol

stay tuned.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
porsche986

you should download winmx, look at all these episodes includding the complete collection of season 1 and 2 in DVD format.
you can be sure about x20 more than this... this is searching for 20 secs..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us