Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2004, 03:22 PM   #1

ODB II codes

I recently picked up my boxster from having a RMS replaced & I just got check engine light flash up. The codes are P1126, P1124, P0150, P1319. I recently replaced my mass air flow sensor about 1 month ago. I need some help with these new codes so I can replace whatever sensor has gone bad. Please advise what to do.

rxgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #2

97 Boxster CEL

i had the same exact problem...
replaced mass air flow sensors a month ago. got my rear main seal replaced last week, & the check engine light came on! fault codes: P1124 and P1126. what are these codes for?
used an OBDII reader from the local autozone, which showed the fault codes meant throttle sensors are bad. i read online that it is more likely my air flow sensors again. somebody please advise!!
sudeep78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #3

Hi,

Interesting set of codes. If I had to guess, I'd say your service messed up some of the electrical connections because the codes do not point to anything related and they all indicate a short of some component. The codes are:
  • P1124 - Fuel Pump Relay Output Stage - Short, No signal, Below Lean Mixture threshold, Above Rich Mixture Threshold

P1126 - OČ Sensor, Cyl. 1-3 - Implausible Signal, Short to Ground, Short to B+

P0150 - Pre-Catalyst OČ Sensor, Cyl. 1-3, Short to Ground, Short to B+, Implausible Signal

P1319 - Misfire, Emission Relevant

Now, 3 of these indicate a short. Either something wasn't reconnected or something was accidentally disconnected. You can try disconnecting the Battery for 5 min., reconnect it and see if the Codes return. If they do, I'd get it back to the Dealer and have them check it with the PST2. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 04-29-2006 at 06:51 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote