986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How come forum so inactive? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795)

jwocky 12-28-2004 09:40 AM

How come forum so inactive?

I'm surprised at the amount of activity ppbb forum gets compared to here. vBulletin is such a superior forum software to use. I wish this forum would have the most activity for Boxsters. Ah well.

Tool Pants 12-28-2004 06:35 PM

Then ask some silly questions.

Like.

What size garden hose should I buy to wash my Boxster.

What color Boxster looks best with your eyes.

:D

RandallNeighbour 12-28-2004 07:06 PM

The one inch width hose, preferably 25 foot or longer is my preference. Reinforced flexible hose is far better than the cheap, Kmart branded kind.

And to answer your second question, everyone knows black boxsters look the best and get far fewer speeding tickets than any other color :)

Brucelee 12-29-2004 02:00 AM

I noticed many of my discussion forums quieted down around the Holidays. Buying presents takes time!

Subanez 12-29-2004 07:29 AM

Actually, the lapis blue color goes best with my eyes. My girlfriend insists on a green boxster, though...ah, the age old argument over which color goes best with your eyes...

::sigh::

And I use a 3600 psi garden hose.

Rouser 12-29-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised at the amount of activity ppbb forum gets compared to here.
Oh, brother ... :rolleyes:
Quote:

Then ask some silly questions.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well ... I'd replace "silly" with "stupid".

RandallNeighbour 12-29-2004 04:06 PM

Subanez, I'm guessing that 3600 psi hose takes the paint on your Boxster right down to the metal, huh?

Stryke 12-29-2004 06:01 PM

When I started coming here it was completely dead. Some days would go by without any posts. Since then it has picked up a little but not enough. A forum always struggles at the beginning and once enough members join it is up to the community to make it what it is. If the existing members made it a point to make at least one relevant post per day then it would grow and in turn attract more members and also receive favorable position in search engines for Boxster related queries.

How about it? :)

Brucelee 12-29-2004 07:04 PM

Good point. BTW-I have been invited to see the new 987 on 1/15 launch date. THAT should help with the new posts, no?

Lux 12-29-2004 07:38 PM

Thank God this board isn't like PPBB. I'll take quality over quantity. And don't even get me started about their monkey-ass moderator.

Speaking of garden hoses, can I wash the Boxster or will water make it rust?

:D :D :D

Cold Warrior 12-29-2004 08:16 PM

Hey, I just did my part

2 new posts! WooHoo!!!:cheers:

CW

Subanez 12-29-2004 09:34 PM

Randall, yes, it could take the paint off the boxster.

Just imagine what it does to tomatoes. :-)

And Bruce, I can't wait to hear your report after the 15th...the 987 is very much anticipated!

Lux-I always love seeing pics of your boxster.

jwocky 01-01-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stryke
When I started coming here it was completely dead. Some days would go by without any posts. Since then it has picked up a little but not enough. A forum always struggles at the beginning and once enough members join it is up to the community to make it what it is. If the existing members made it a point to make at least one relevant post per day then it would grow and in turn attract more members and also receive favorable position in search engines for Boxster related queries.

How about it? :)

Ah, I didn't know this forum is fairly new. Let's all work to make this the most active forum. I can't stand the format of ppbb.com.

Brucelee 01-02-2005 06:28 AM

I would suggest that we start new threads as ideas abound. This helps generate enthusiasm. I will start today!

porsche986 01-02-2005 10:33 AM

well according to google the most looked up word in 2004 was " janet jackson"

so maybe if we called the forum the janet jackson 986 forum it would be great lol

anyways i think this forum is active and compared to other boxster forums its one of the highest.
You see everyone here has a boxster so it makes it a better forum. There are many forums that have lots of members, mostly kids with porsche dreams.

This forum is number 1 for me

Ad Sach 01-02-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jwocky
Ah, I didn't know this forum is fairly new. Let's all work to make this the most active forum. I can't stand the format of ppbb.com.
Please let's not!

I got a lot out of PPBB for the first year or so of ownership, but as it went past 40-50 posts per day, I found I just didn't want to spend the time. But I slavishly read every post for weeks before I realized I wasn't enjoyinhg it anymore.

I visit here because it is a quiet place for reading. You bring in all that noise and confusion of more posts and I'll move on to a quieter forum.

Just my opinion - Your opinion is probably good too.

Alshig 01-03-2005 10:05 PM

I like to leasurely read the posts and the info gained has been invaluable to my enjoyment of the car. I try to post worthy information when I can.

Adam 01-04-2005 12:10 AM

I think the amount of activity on this forum is almost ideal now. It was a bit slow a year ago when joined up but it has probably atleast trippled since then. As mentioned earlier this forum actually gives boxster enthusiasts real info on their car. It's a car forum first and not a social club unlike PPBB. Plus some people I won't mention could really afford to remove the tremendous stick they have shoved up their arse at ppbb.

Cheers

Subanez 01-04-2005 02:24 AM

While personally I also prefer this site for posting, I must say that Renntech.org has great technical information, and it also seems to be the stomping ground for many of the super-senior members here...I think Tool Pants has something like 3,000 posts at Renntech.

I know Renntech has all sorts of Porsche drivers, and this site is more intimate because we all drive the Boxster, but when I need some information on serious "how-to" issues, Renntech usually has the answer.

I must say, when I post here asking a question, 9 times out of 10 I am simply sent a link to a thread already discussed at Renntech...which in a way defeats the purpose of having this forum. If we can avoid that, and take the time to repost here, then this can become a "one-stop-shop" for Boxster issues.

Brucelee 01-04-2005 07:06 AM

All good info. I like coming here, the folks are most supportive and dont have a bunch of attitude.