Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
bmussatti

RejeX Wax- best price?

Has anyone bought RejeX wax recently? Looking for the best place to buy. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #2

If you need it fast

If you need it fast, I saw it at True Value hardware. I think it was $17.00
R60us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by R60us
If you need it fast, I saw it at True Value hardware. I think it was $17.00
True (no pun intended!) but but not all of them carry it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #4

Is that stuff like NuFinish? I've used that on the daily drivers and it's pretty amazing how long it lasts.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Is that stuff like NuFinish? I've used that on the daily drivers and it's pretty amazing how long it lasts.
RejeX is great stuff. I don't know too much about NuFinish. I RejeX my wheels and calipers 3-4 times per year. Dirt just flys off. I never use anything to wash the car or wheels other than soap (Z7) and hot water.

I like to RejeX the front bumper and mirrors for bug splatter & guts. Again, the stuff just washes of with light washing and soap & water.

I have seen Guards Red cars that were done entirely in RejeX at Concours. They look very-very good.

If you want to try mine out, just let me know. We don't live too far apart.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #6

Thanks for the offer, but at $17, it's cheap and I'd like to try it out as I'm almost out of NuFinish. I've done some online research and most the sports car guys like the stuff...doesn't leave the white redisue like NuFinish. My Box S is black and gets a good P-C polish, followed by a coat of Zymol and topped off with 3M hand glaze. But I can see using this stuff (non wax, but a paint sealant) on vulnerable areas, and of course, the daily drivers. I think this was also be a good choice for my 911 track car since that's a b**ch to clean after a track day or two.

The posts I found say the gloss and depth is very good with this product, almost Zaino like.

jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote