Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #1

Question Where to buy brand new interior trim pieces?

Other than Porsche dealerships, where can I find brand new trim pieces for my 2000 Boxster S?

The plastic bits of my center console (from the shift boot to the glove box) are getting too scratched..

I just paid 112$ for a brand new ashtray lid from Porsche and I can't imagine what the rest is going to cost...

I tried pelicanparts.com and they barely have anything....Other websites just have used parts, and ebay just has carbon fiber center consoles and used parts...

I'm just looking for brand new OEM interior plastic parts for my center console and arm rests; any help would be appreciated!

Jacques79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #2

pretty good selection here:

http://dcauto.gotdns.com/catalog/model/3653093

dunno how competitive the price is, but should be a bit more reasonable than the dealership

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #3

Call suncoast or sunset porsche - they sell parts at a much much lower margin than local P-dealers.

Sunset - www.****************************************************.com

Suncoast - www.e-partssales.com

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #4

You can do what we do at the shop. Take all those parts off, clean them with laquer thinner to get the "soft touch" paint off and Krylon them semi flat black. $3 rattle can, $5 thing of laquer thinner, scotchbrite, and some time with save you alot of $$$.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #5

Well thanks for the advice but unfortunetaly I just ordered 600$ worth of center console and other various interior trim pieces from my local Porsche dealer.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing my center console scratched like a cheap 1990s ford fiesta or something.

I now want a new handbrake but my dealer is charging 650$! There are some nice ones on ebay with aluminum touches for 250$ though.

Sigh......1000$ just to have new interior plastic parts....
Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 AM   #6

Jacques, if you had bought parts like that for a Toyota they would have been horribly overpriced at the dealership too.

Your problem was that you weren't exercising patience to get responses from the forum members on much cheaper places to buy parts or members actually PMing you to tell you they had that part for sale for very little money.

I've replaced most of my interior with new pieces from Sunset and other forum members.

I'm betting you're gonna wish you'd saved that grand for repairs or tires one day soon.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #7

Echoeing what Randall said, don't buy parts from the local dealership! They have at least a 50% markup on those things! You could've saved a lot of money by contacting Sunset Imports which is a Porsche dealership, however they only mark up their parts about 15%.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #8

As several members have recommended, Suncoast and Sunset are great. But now you pulled the trigger, I recommend you send the old parts to Eric at bumperplugs.com and have them painted in silver or something dramatic so you can sell them to recoup some of the cost.

That much for an ashtray lid??!! My ashtray delete kit was only about $50.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Jacques, if you had bought parts like that for a Toyota they would have been horribly overpriced at the dealership too.

Your problem was that you weren't exercising patience to get responses from the forum members on much cheaper places to buy parts or members actually PMing you to tell you they had that part for sale for very little money.

I've replaced most of my interior with new pieces from Sunset and other forum members.

I'm betting you're gonna wish you'd saved that grand for repairs or tires one day soon.
No one PMed me telling me they had the parts I needed.

The prices at sunset for what I wanted were not THAT better than my local dealer, and I would of had to pay a lot in shipping-handling since I'm all the way up North in Quebec, AND we have something called Canadian customs tax and border broker fees whenever us Canadians buy stuff from the USA.

The prices at sunset were not low enough to offset the shipping and customs tax.

I looked around a lot on the net and the only answer I got here was Sunset and when I checked out their prices they wern't that great. I wasn't going to wait longer...

I appreciate the people who posted the websites address help though, thanks!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #10

Jacques, I've got a brand new upper center console piece (piece around the radio/vent area). If you're interested, PM me... I'll give you a better price than the lowest dealer cost. I was going to keep this around to make in carbon fiber, but I don't foresee taking that project on any time soon. Let me know if you want it...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudanova
Jacques, I've got a brand new upper center console piece (piece around the radio/vent area). If you're interested, PM me... I'll give you a better price than the lowest dealer cost. I was going to keep this around to make in carbon fiber, but I don't foresee taking that project on any time soon. Let me know if you want it...

Actually mine's in pretty good cheap.

What I badly need now is a new handbrake...

Thanks for your offer though, if ever my upper center-console thingy gets too used I'll contact you for sure!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #12

keep watching eBay. I got a brand new handbrake with black leather on it for...wait for it...

Nine bucks!

A lady cleaned out her husband's garage with a bunch of Porsche parts he didn't want and told her to make some money off whatever she could get from it.

His loss. My gain!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #13

I didn't tell her to give it away, Randall!! You traitor.

Just kidding.

PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote