Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud
Thanks for the input, I do have the projector beam on top (for low beam) and the high beam below it. I think it's a bit different then the 986 setup. I imagine the projector makes the beam pattern, not the light source? Anyhoo I'm going to give it a go w/ 6000K bulbs unless some says something will blow up! If anyone has done a 987 just chime in with any advice,

Cheers,

Bud
Since you already have projector lows, you can do an aftermarket kit, but really try to search around and find a high quality kit, vs the $20 special you'll find on eBay.

Either way, they're still not going to match Litronics.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #22

Fuse location?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but instead of starting a new one I was hoping someone could tell me the location of the fuse for the HID lights. I have a pair of after market Bosch H7's and the passenger side is out. It's not the bulb because I checked so if it's not the fuse chances are it's the ballast but I am not sure which is number in the fuse panel the lights are under. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

**Fixed**

Last edited by coolbreeze551; 08-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote