Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #1

Cost to maintain 2.7L with 73k miles over next few years?

for those of you reading and responding to my newbie posts - THANK YOU.

much of this information is going to come in handy when I need to get final approval from my CFO for this purchase. you married guys know who I mean.

2000 boxster. buying from dad. car has been normally maintained, not abused. never tracked. dad is 65. the porsche was the only sports car he's ever owned. he liked to take corners fast (according to mom) but knowing him and her - that means he was going 5mph more than what the sign said..

the car was not abused. has had normally scheduled fixes.

car has 73k on it. Car had RMS leaks when new and dealer put in new motor at about 20k. no problems of any kind with engine since then. knock on wood.

assuming normal driivng - and putting 5-10k/year MAX on the car - what kind of NORMAL stuff should I expect to replace/repair over the next few years?

assume I don't have an IMS failure, or other horrific catastrophic failures.

I"m assuming a clutch, water pump, new suspension (he has M030 that is original equipment)

can someone give me a quickie list with items that I should plan on replacing over the next couple of years and a rough estimate as to what those items cost to fix eithe rat a dealer or an independent mechanic?

Thanks!!

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #2

I have a 99 with 110k km on it, since i have it (1 year) the only maintenance I had was to change tires once, change a light bulb, and fix a small vibration problem on the muffler. All that are very random. Open a Bentley Service Manual book and take a look to the maintenance schedule.. add that some money to repair and you'll have a good idea.. you can spend 100$/year for 3 year and then having something changed for 2000$.. it's random.. be kind with your car and she will be kind with you..

at least you know the history so you know you should'nt have to much reparation.. well.. less than if you find another car for that price from a private seller

vipola is offline   Reply With Quote