Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #1

Problem from Km/h to MPH. Help!

Hello All -

On Thursday morning my car was lethargic starting but eventually fired. By the time work was done the battery was toast and the gauges were flashing wildly at me with the windows going up and down. Time for a new battery! My problem is that I go back and forth between Canada and the USA at least once a week. I have a Canadian spec car and the default setting is Km/h (analog and digital). I ALWAYS switch to the correct measurement depending on the country I am in. Starting the day that my battery started acting funny, I could not switch from Km/h to MPH no matter how hard I try. I know how it works (twist the peg on the right side to the right and push in, I do it all the time). But for some reason I cannot switch it now. What do you guys think? Should I try to remove the battery for a bit? I am truly baffled but need this to work. Any other suggestions welcome P.S. I had the battery changed at the dealer while having the PSE installed, but it was not switching over before I took it in.

Thanks in Advance

9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote