Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #1

MaxSpeed NHP Exhaust? As good as it looks?

MaxSpeed NHP Exhaust

Anyone have any experience with MaxSpeed or their mufflers? I'm looking at buying a Stebro Sport but I'm having a difficult time getting one at the usual ebay price. This exhaust (apparently new) looks like it's much better built at the same price as Stebro.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #2

They also sell a Dansk sausage style muffler and say it has no cabin resonance.

The twin chamber muffler you linked to looks very nice, but frankly, I'd bet you $100 it has cabin resonance. My muffler looks identical to that one in shape and configuration and I have all kinds of cabin drone or resonance with the top up. Sounds great with the top down though.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Psh. Just another dual muffler exhaust set up. Sounds the same as my Top Speed with another bracket to mount and funky looking grille that has been welded on.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #4

Maxspeed is introducing a new muffler right now if you check their blog. He talks about overcoming the resonance issue with this new design. It looks similar to the old one but I suspect there are extra baffles or a cross pipe to cancel out those nasty waves.

He sells good stuff so it is worth checking out.
Chris

EDIT: I see he has it posted with the muffler for sale now, so it must be baffles as there is no pipe. After watching the video and having had the original version of this muffler I can see that this is the case as you can see the exhaust during the first part and it is isn't coming out like a jet engine. The first one was like that because it was a straight through design.

Last edited by Dragonwind; 07-29-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Dragonwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #5

I would almost guarantee this has resonance issues. For what its worth, the new FabSpeed system sounds fabulous and is resonance free (finally!).

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote