Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 PM   #1

Full Amber headlights

Anyone here any any idea how I would go about and make my extra set of headlight look like this GT3R's headlights? Some how dye the entire lense?

edit: I was also looking around for Amber H7 light bulbs and all I could find were either 9005, 6006, or H4s. Any one have any suggestions for amber bulbs like the ones they use on Race Cars?

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
porsche986

Hi i have seen this done before. You need boxster clear headlights and then a gold film for the lights. This film also protects the lights from stones ect... you can get it in clear from some websites but they do a gold also, they look really good, about $15.00 per set.

cant remember the website now..

best thing it takes 2 mins to put on and can peel off when ever you want, its water proof and does not damage or effect the headlight apart from a gold light field at light
Old 12-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #3

As you pull out of your driveway, chances are you'll be pulled over and cited for violating your state's vehicular lighting laws. Best you don't bother taking that chance.

That yellow tinge is annoying and predominantly reserved for low-wattage fog lamps. The reason that particular GT3R's lighting is that color is exclusively for racing in LeMans, France. Anywhere else they use the usual clear lighting.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:35 AM   #4
porsche986

Hi your incorrect.

You are allowed by law to do this, yellow lights is legally allowed. You can cover your headlights in any film for protection and as long as it fires yellow or white lights no law is broken.

If you want to cover your headlight in yellow film to produce a yellow look during the day and yellow light at night you are legally allowed to do this, check you local laws but you wont have a problem.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi your incorrect.
I beg to differ ...

Maybe that's what you're "allowed by law" in the UK, but he's going to get pulled over here, because the car isn't sold equipped that way in the USA.

Here it's clear headlights, amber turn signal bulbs front, amber or red in the rear. You can have some auxillary fog lights in yellow if you wish, but clear driving lights are better.