Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #1

Autobahn Service - Fairfax, VA

Hi all,

If anybody lives around DC or in northern, VA, please comment if you have heard or experienced service from the indy shop referenced in the title. I just got back from a brief vacation and decided to get started on formally booking service for my car (45K). In a prior thread, I had posted about my search for DC and northern VA shops and was shocked at the high costs.

I found one indy shop, Autobahn Service Inc. whose quote was $351 for the 45K service!

Most quotes from stealerships came in between $660-725. The only indy shop I heard from came in at $657. This almost seems too good to be true, so please tell me it isnt!

JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL12
Hi all,

If anybody lives around DC or in northern, VA, please comment if you have heard or experienced service from the indy shop referenced in the title. I just got back from a brief vacation and decided to get started on formally booking service for my car (45K). In a prior thread, I had posted about my search for DC and northern VA shops and was shocked at the high costs.

I found one indy shop, Autobahn Service Inc. whose quote was $351 for the 45K service!

Most quotes from stealerships came in between $660-725. The only indy shop I heard from came in at $657. This almost seems too good to be true, so please tell me it isnt!
i used to take my boxster there, now i take my cayenne there great people great service
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkboxster
i used to take my boxster there, now i take my cayenne there great people great service
I said to myself...cost, schedule, quality there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

These guys came in with a much lower quote (though I imaging at least 50 more in minor parts, taxes, disposal fees, etc,) and seemed like they could accomodate a schedule very well - as in I walk in at 11am and walk out by 3pm. My other options seem to required dropping the car off the night before or ASAP in the morning and waiting a full day .

So lets see....50% cost cut, cycle time trimmed from 24 to 4 hours...this canont be real
Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL12
I said to myself...cost, schedule, quality there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

These guys came in with a much lower quote (though I imaging at least 50 more in minor parts, taxes, disposal fees, etc,) and seemed like they could accomodate a schedule very well - as in I walk in at 11am and walk out by 3pm. My other options seem to required dropping the car off the night before or ASAP in the morning and waiting a full day .

So lets see....50% cost cut, cycle time trimmed from 24 to 4 hours...this canont be real
Please post your feedback once you get your service done.
I just bought an 01 and I'm looking for a good indy shop as well.
nahugry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #5

I have had good luck with the folks at Autothority Pitstop in Alexandria.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #6

You may want to PM racer_d :

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10433&highlight=autobahn+fairfax

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Nick - that is a very good suggestion. So good that in fact he already PM'd me. He had referenced IMA and Autobahn in a different thread and we talked in depth about IMA in Chantilly, VA.

I had actually called IMA on tuesday to schedule an appointment, but due to scheduling issues and thier requirements for time cycle time (full day, stranded) I couldn't ditch the car for something as quick/easy as a 45K. Sadly, I am a single guy who works so car maintenance is always a pain in the arse.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #8

do a search on www.dorkiphus.net the site is DC area based and has good information, mainly air cooled but several 986 owners.

thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote