Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2004, 04:59 AM   #1

Wash DC area...

Hi all,
Well I think I have asked in the past but thought I would inquire again....
Are there any members of this eforum in the DC area? I have been doing a track day events and am always intereted in seeing more 986 people show up. I have done a few private days with SUmmit raceways and MIR dragstrips. We rent them out for the day and go out and have a blast. If anyone in the area is interested we might be trying to put together another racedays sometime in December if the weather holds up and stays mild.
Anyway, anyone in the DC area interested? If so I can add you to my email list and include you on notifications.

jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:37 AM   #2

I am interested! I live in Chevy Chase MD, on Chevy Chase CC. 1 Block from Chevy Chase Circle. I have an 04. Where do you guys live?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:29 AM   #3

I am in Alexandria. A couple others I know are in McLean, Tysons corner and I think Fairfax. Lots of other people go too. We usually get a nice flavor of cars along. Last time, we have 4 986s, 2 C4s, 2 pontiac GTP, 3 Mitsubishi EVO, 1 550 hp Z28, We even had a Gremlin funnycar pulling 10.5 sec 1/4 miles. Well next time we put one together I be sure to post some info. . (i think maybe end of December or begining of January...weather providing) Only catch with it all is you can expect it to cost around $100 for the day. The track chargers us between 1500-2000 for the dayWe normally try to keep it around 15 cars, but if you stay all day or atleast a nice chunk of it you can expect to get 15-25 runs in. Which believe me is a lot!
Old 12-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #4

Ok, thanks!